Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkd0255

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
Arizona
I just got my Nuud case

Will update after i put it though water test

Attachments

• IMG_5378.jpg
    IMG_5378.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,863
  • IMG_5379.jpg
    IMG_5379.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9,339
  • IMG_5380.jpg
    IMG_5380.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,194

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
Wow !!! You are so damn lucky. I've been waiting for fed ex all day. They say mine is suppose to be delivered today. It's taking forever. I've waited 5 months for this case. The wait is almost over. I would be interested to hear your first impressions once you had time to us the case.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Does it come with a screen shield ? Does the back scratch easy ? How is the quality ? Is it a good daily case ? Thanks

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
How thick of a case is it? How does it compare and sickness to other cases that might be more common on the market?

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Lucky man, mine was supposed to be delivered today but due to weather issues in the midwest, it never left Denver when it was supposed to. Its at one of the local sort facilities right now so I'll have it tomorrow.

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
I just got mine and I have to say I love it. I've had almost every lifeproof case and this one is gotta be the best. It's slim and well built. Just some advice for people with ocd like me. I went to my local zagg kiosk in the mall by me. They sold me a small piece of invisible shield. I cut it to fit the back of my case. It's looks amazing and it will prevent scratches. I don't know how to post pictures from my phone or I would post one.

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
One more thing I just noticed that I wanna tell everyone. If you go to eBay and search for lifeproof nuud iPhone 6 plus you will see results for skin decals that go on the lifeproof case. There is a ton of different designs to choose from. I ordered a couple. They will be great for protecting the outside of my case.

bkd0255

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
Arizona
I think my case might have a problem with it. When i seal the case around the phone i noticed that it doesn't seal at all on the bottom. Its kind of loose. Ive contacted life proof about it and they want me to send them photos. We will see what happens. Other than that it is a nice case. Doesn't affect the sound too much, but it does have an affect on it.

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I think my case might have a problem with it. When i seal the case around the phone i noticed that it doesn't seal at all on the bottom. Its kind of loose. Ive contacted life proof about it and they want me to send them photos. We will see what happens. Other than that it is a nice case. Doesn't affect the sound too much, but it does have an affect on it.

By sound you mean like sound from the speaker or sound from the earpiece?

bkd0255

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
Arizona
Like the speaker definitely sounds a little bit quieter. Doesn't bother me too much but it might bother others.

KenB

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2014
Portland, Oregon
I received notification that mine shipped via 2-Day FedEx, so I should get it Tuesday. (a lot better than the 3/9 date the pre-order page promised!)

I'll perform the water test, once I receive it, and update the thread.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Really wish I could afford to nuud or fre right now. Even though I can find fre's for 50$ on eBay which is a nice $20-30 off retail, I still just cant spend that much on a case right now (in between jobs :rolleyes:) I love the fre on my 5S, good slim case and excellent protection from the elements.

Got a Griffin Survivor coming in the mail, it's the best Lifeproof like case I can afford right now (did a lot of research and checked reviews), it retails for $50 got it for $20.

I wanna see some pics with the Nuud's installed once you all get yours! I was always interested in the Nuud, I only have experience with the Fre.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
I received notification that mine shipped via 2-Day FedEx, so I should get it Tuesday. (a lot better than the 3/9 date the pre-order page promised!)

I'll perform the water test, once I receive it, and update the thread.

When did you order yours? I pre-ordered yesterday and haven't received any shipment notification.

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
I'm on the fence about keeping this case. The sound is really starting to bother me. I can barely hear text notifications. I have the Seidio obex and I just tried the iPhone in both cases. The Seidio obex re directs the speaker to the back of the case. The lifeproof just directs the sound to the back of the case. There is a big difference in sound between the two. I also notice a big difference in sound between the two from the ear piece. The Seidio is louder and clearer. If I can get over the sound problems I will keep the lifeproof. The exposed screen is awsome. I also love how the headphone jack cover is screwed in. Also the power port on the bottom clicks in nice and tight. The Seidio obex just has plastic flaps over the two ports. I can see them getting loose over time. I would also be worried about going in a pool with the Seidio because the rubber piece can open up. The lifeproof nuud is a great case but I wish they did something to make the sound better.

Theirb123

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014

I'm having the same issue. It passed the water test but it still worries me. Around the latch does not click into place, and looks stretched when you close the latch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 964

Curveman

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2015
Zagg glass with Nuud?

Mine should arrive today but I have already found out I should remove my Zagg glass if I want to guarantee it's waterproofness. Since I have no plans to fully submerse my phone but only want to be able to use it in inclimate weather, I am tempted to ignore this advise as I really like the Zagg and just got my second replacement for same. Will it possibly be waterproof with the Zagg? Lifeproof's position I believe is you shouldn't need Zagg glass as what they offer will protect it. I'm not certain that their screen protector is that good. One of the reasons I went for the Nuud was for the Zagg. My mistake. Read the wrong post I guess. Thoughts?

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I'm having the same issue. It passed the water test but it still worries me. Around the latch does not click into place, and looks stretched when you close the latch.
Mine is doing this now although it didn't look like that before. The latch for the Lightning port won't close now as 2 small pieces of plastic have broken off. Looks like I'll either be exchanging the case out or just getting my money back

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I have a full body glass that will probably work, new trent's Acradia that you can get from amazon for really inexpensive (similar to the moshi). The problem with the glass may be the cutout at the sensor or other areas. I could be wrong about that, though. My case will arrive in a week or two I'm sure and I'll see exactly what's going on.

Mine should arrive today but I have already found out I should remove my Zagg glass if I want to guarantee it's waterproofness. Since I have no plans to fully submerse my phone but only want to be able to use it in inclimate weather, I am tempted to ignore this advise as I really like the Zagg and just got my second replacement for same. Will it possibly be waterproof with the Zagg? Lifeproof's position I believe is you shouldn't need Zagg glass as what they offer will protect it. I'm not certain that their screen protector is that good. One of the reasons I went for the Nuud was for the Zagg. My mistake. Read the wrong post I guess. Thoughts?

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
With all this talk about glass screen protectors it got me thinking. Has anyone tried the glass screen saver that dog & bone glass screen saver they make for there wet suit case ? I would love to know if it will work with the lifeproof nuud too because I really love the case and would love having a glass screen protector too.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut

That's weird... Did you try remove the headphone plug and trying to press the two pieces of the case together and then put the headphone plug back in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.