Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphoneuserinyyz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I recently ordered a refurbished 2014 Mac Mini from the Apple web store. It was supposed to be Core i5/256 GB SSD/8 GB RAM. I fired it up for the first time today and discovered that the system has 16 GB of RAM. I guess it was a mistake by Apple, but I am definitely not complaining!! I just hope they don't discover the error and ask for it back....

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I recently ordered a refurbished 2014 Mac Mini from the Apple web store. It was supposed to be Core i5/256 GB SSD/8 GB RAM. I fired it up for the first time today and discovered that the system has 16 GB of RAM. I guess it was a mistake by Apple, but I am definitely not complaining!! I just hope they don't discover the error and ask for it back....
That happens frequently when buying Apple Refurbished products. One of the benefits of shopping refurbs.

Butchie-T

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2014
Colorado

SCORE!!!!! Congrats on the bonus ram. It does seem to be the case for a number of people that buy refurbs. It is sorta like a lottery. Enjoy!!!!

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Nice! I ordered 16 GB of RAM for my iMac and ended up with 32 due to an error by Amazon. I sold the machine last year with 24 GB and kept 16 for a future iMac Retina purchase (hopefully later this year).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.