Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_8_icon.jpg
Apple may be planning to release iOS 8.2 to the public as early as next Monday, reports BGR. iOS 8.2 has been in testing since November and notably contains support for the Apple Watch. The March release date has been rumored for several weeks now, but earlier information pointed towards a launch a bit later in the month, possibly during the second week of March.

A Monday, March 2 release date for iOS 8.2 would mean the software would be released to consumers a full week ahead of Apple's scheduled March 9 "Spring Forward" media event, where the company is expected to divulge additional details on the Apple Watch.

BGR is fairly accurate when it comes to iOS release date predictions. The site correctly determined several iOS 7 beta release dates, but it has been wrong on occasion. Because March 2 is not in line with earlier predictions, BGR could be off by a week, but we will certainly be seeing a public release of iOS 8.2 sometime during the first two weeks of March, even if the March 2 date is inaccurate.

Thus far, there have been five iOS 8.2 betas, with the last beta coming on Monday, February 2, suggesting either another beta or a public release is coming in the near future.

The site also says that it has learned from its sources that there may be as many as four betas of iOS 8.3. We have had two iOS 8.3 betas, so there could be two more beta updates before the software is provided to the public. That would put iOS 8.3 on track to launch in April. iOS 8.3 brings several new features to the operating system, most notably introducing a redesigned emoji picker and adding both new emoji and emoji skin tone modifiers.

Article Link: iOS 8.2 Could See Public Release Next Week, Two More Betas of iOS 8.3 to Come

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I am part of the public beta for OSX and can't wait to be part of the public beta for iOS. I understand that will start with iOS 8.3.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Hope to stay connected to my car's Bluetooth connection for the entire call.

Jack Delgado

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
Due to the nature of mentioning BGR in this article, comments are restricted to users with 100 or more posts

/sarcasm

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
If I never see another story with "emoji skin tone modifiers" in it, it will be too soon. And yes, I am white (but use yellow, red and blue emoji).:)

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
From what I've seen, 8.3 is the one too look forward, seems a tad smoother on the 4S.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
ZOMG, emoji skin tone MoDiFiErS!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

......it's not like I wanted airplay stability or iTunes match improvements or anything important like that.

maxxodd

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012

I might be mistaken but I thought I had read that was a Google issue and not necessarily an iOS issue...

You two are correct, but the GMT bug affects more than just Google Calendar and in my case, I have a calendar that I sync that is affected (not Google). So, I'm holding out hope that this will be addressed at some point.

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
I hope they finally fix Handoff and Continuity!

Why fix something that already works perfectly? I’m having no trouble with either. 8.1.3 is quite stable no matter what the League of the Perpetually Dissatisfied says.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Please tell me they fixed a good amount of bugs.

It's so frustrating. This is not why I signed up for iOS, to be frustrated when doing mundane tasks like copy and paste.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Is 8.2 anything to care about performance wise from people experienced with the betas?

If only the watch it will be sad

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
Dear Apple, please fix the dropping wifi issue with iPhone 6. Thank you.

Dear Apple, never mind this guy. WiFi works fine on my iPhone 6 so don’t go breaking something that works for the vast majority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.