Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
Hi guys,

I see that the iphone 6 plus has RAM issues, because its stutters and lags. Anyone here also the same problem? I dont know of this is the ram isue... But maby i want to switch back to the 6. I want to know if its worth to go back to the 6?

If you open safari and have 5 to 9 tabs of links, press on the tab switcher, you see stutter, lag

Have the 6plus 64 gig

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
UI lag happens because the 6 Plus downscales everything from 2208 × 1242 to 1920 x 1080.

Safari & reloading tabs, apps refreshing and stuff like this is related to RAM.

My 6 did not have UI lag but had RAM issues.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi guys,

I see that the iphone 6 plus has RAM issues, because its stutters and lags. Anyone here also the same problem? I dont know of this is the ram isue... But maby i want to switch back to the 6. I want to know if its worth to go back to the 6?

If you open safari and have 5 to 9 tabs of links, press on the tab switcher, you see stutter, lag

Have the 6plus 64 gig

How do you know this is a RAM issue?

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
How do you know this is a RAM issue?

I don't know how the OP knows but I know this because I have an iPad Air 2 (2GB of Ram) and a 6 Plus (1GB of Ram).

If I open 4-5 tabs on both devices and I switch between them the 6 Plus reloads some of them but the Air 2 doesn't. Mind you, Air 1 (1GB of Ram) reloaded them as well, I had it as well before upgrading to the Air 2.

----------

Is this true? I can't imagine Apple selling a product that doesn't run at its native resolution by default.

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/iphone-6-screens-demystified

"iPhone 6 Plus - with Retina display HD. Scaling factor is 3 and the image is afterwards downscaled from rendered 2208 × 1242 pixels to 1920 × 1080 pixels.
The downscaling ratio is 1920 / 2208 = 1080 / 1242 = 20 / 23. That means every 23 pixels from the original render have to be mapped to 20 physical pixels. In other words the image is scaled down to approximately 87% of its original size.."

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
I don't know how the OP knows but I know this because I have an iPad Air 2 (2GB of Ram) and a 6 Plus (1GB of Ram).

If I open 4-5 tabs on both devices and I switch between them the 6 Plus reloads some of them but the Air 2 doesn't. Mind you, Air 1 (1GB of Ram) reloaded them as well, I had it as well before upgrading to the Air 2.

----------

"iPhone 6 Plus - with Retina display HD. Scaling factor is 3 and the image is afterwards downscaled from rendered 2208 × 1242 pixels to 1920 × 1080 pixels.
The downscaling ratio is 1920 / 2208 = 1080 / 1242 = 20 / 23. That means every 23 pixels from the original render have to be mapped to 20 physical pixels. In other words the image is scaled down to approximately 87% of its original size.."

Is this fixable? With that safari bug... Is that a hardware issue or a software issue?

Also is that a huge deal breaker that you want to change the phone to iphone 6 model?

I got this phone+ just a few days, and i'm thinking to switch because of this...

Maby you can tell me to do not or to do.

I hear it from you.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Is this fixable? With that safari bug... Is that a hardware issue or a software issue?

Also is that a huge deal breaker that you want to change the phone to iphone 6 model?

I got this phone+ just a few days, and i'm thinking to switch because of this...

Maby you can tell me to do not or to do.

I hear it from you.

I'm not running into these issues on my iPhone 6 +. Either that or I just don't notice them.

If you don't like your current iPhone, return it and get something else.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Here take a look at this, maby you notice the problem what i said above this.

Watch from 18:50. It shows the same problems by me.

Let me know if you have that also.

I'm not seeing anything horrible happening in the video. Like I said, if you don't like your phone, return it and buy something else.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
I'm not seeing anything horrible happening in the video. Like I said, if you don't like your phone, return it and buy something else.

You can't tell me that you don't see it. The lady in the movie says that either that stuttering....

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
You can't tell me that you don't see it. The lady in the movie says that either that stuttering....

You sound like you've proven to yourself whatever you need to prove. I don't see a problem with what is happening in the video. Admittedly I just glanced at it. I'm perfectly happy with my 6+, it does what I need it to do, the screen is fantastic and it has great battery life.

But maby i want to switch back to the 6. I want to know if its worth to go back to the 6?

My answer to this is: If you don't like your phone, return it and buy something else.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

----------

I have a iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Air 2 and I see little difference between them. Even the Air 2 with 2gb will reload with multiple pages open on Safari. I am quite happy with all of them.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
You sound like you've proven to yourself whatever you need to prove. I don't see a problem with what is happening in the video. Admittedly I just glanced at it. I'm perfectly happy with my 6+, it does what I need it to do, the screen is fantastic and it has great battery life.

My answer to this is: If you don't like your phone, return it and buy something else.

Probely you dindt see the whole movie, or you dont want to see it. but again like i sayd;

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Probely you dindt see the whole movie, or you dont want to see it. but again like i sayd;

What is your point here? You are asking if you should switch to an iPhone 6, correct? I'm saying that if you're unhappy with your iPhone 6+, you should return it and get something else.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
What is your point here? You are asking if you should switch to an iPhone 6, correct? I'm saying that if you're unhappy with your iPhone 6+, you should return it and get something else.

Look, you have also the 6+, and i want to tell you if you see the same problem/stutter on your device. if you open 1 to 6 tabs on safari and press on the tabswitcher.. you will see that she in the video like i said demonstrate the same problem.

So do you see that also on your own device? is it worth to go back and take the iphone 6 for this?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Look, you have also the 6+, and i want to tell you if you see the same problem/stutter on your device. if you open 1 to 6 tabs on safari and press on the tabswitcher.. you will see that she in the video like i said demonstrate the same problem.

So do you see that also on your own device? is it worth to go back and take the iphone 6 for this?

I don't see a problem in the video and I don't see a problem with my device. There could be a lot of different factors that cause this. I probably have totally different expectations on what the device should do. I probably have a totally different usage pattern. If my phone turns on when I push the sleep/wake or home button, takes decent pictures in most situations, battery lasts all day, and does the things I need it to do when I want to do them, I'm happy. If it drops frames or lags, I either don't notice or don't care. Take that as you will.

To answer your question: I wouldn't give up the screen and battery life that I have with the 6+, but I'm not having any problems with my phone. You, however, are having problems with your phone. If you're not happy with it you should get something else.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
He just signed up today with MR just to say ip6+ lags? Sounds suspicious.

Uhm.. no? i have some problems with this phone, so i thought maby more people like me have this issue.

----------

I don't see a problem in the video and I don't see a problem with my device. There could be a lot of different factors that cause this. I probably have totally different expectations on what the device should do. I probably have a totally different usage pattern. If my phone turns on when I push the sleep/wake or home button, takes decent pictures in most situations, battery lasts all day, and does the things I need it to do when I want to do them, I'm happy. If it drops frames or lags, I either don't notice or don't care. Take that as you will.

To answer your question: I wouldn't give up the screen and battery life that I have with the 6+, but I'm not having any problems with my phone. You, however, are having problems with your phone. If you're not happy with it you should get something else.

Hmmm... i see, you have your points.. maby i dont want to return my phone for a normal iphone 6. The screen and the battery charge i love it.. But that's annoying bug.. hope they will fix it. And yes i will return to the apple store, hope they will give me a new one.

Thanks for your respawn.. you let me think.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Sounds like you're the only one experiencing these issues, padre'. My 6 and 6 plus do not stutter no matter whats going on. Try a fresh restore. Are you on the new(er) iOS? 8.1.2 at least? The early iOS8 beta's are complete crap.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Sounds like you're the only one experiencing these issues, padre'. My 6 and 6 plus do not stutter no matter whats going on. Try a fresh restore. Are you on the new(er) iOS? 8.1.2 at least? The early iOS8 beta's are complete crap.

My 6 plus doesn't either, if it did I would have tried another or sent it packing. Especially when I bought it off contract at launch, that ain't no chicken scratch I spent.

I'll pass on commenting on the point they are the only one though experiencing it. :)

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Hmmm... i see, you have your points.. maby i dont want to return my phone for a normal iphone 6. The screen and the battery charge i love it.. But that's annoying bug.. hope they will fix it. And yes i will return to the apple store, hope they will give me a new one.

Thanks for your respawn.. you let me think.

And just why would you think the 6 would be better in performance than the 6 Plus? Kind of odd that you'd think that Sun....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.