Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rkoshack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
Is there any way to restore from iCloud backup without losing my jailbreak?

I used icleaner to clean up my phone and didn't realize it would close all my open safari and chrome tabs. Needless to say I'd like to get those back if possible. My phone shows it did an automatic iCloud backup this morning so I'm thinking if I can restore to that then I'll get all my tabs back

rkoshack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
icleaner clears the cache and history so there's no record of your previously open tabs. If I go into recent open tabs there's nothing there

rkoshack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
I seem to have stumped the community with this problem that noone has a solution for.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Is there any way to restore from iCloud backup without losing my jailbreak?

I used icleaner to clean up my phone and didn't realize it would close all my open safari and chrome tabs. Needless to say I'd like to get those back if possible. My phone shows it did an automatic iCloud backup this morning so I'm thinking if I can restore to that then I'll get all my tabs back

As far as I'm aware of, you can only do an iCloud restore when walking through the setup process after a clean restore

That isn't the case with an iTunes backup though, you can choose to restore from a backup using iTunes whenever

I'm not sure if semi-restore brings your device to the setup walk through after it wipes the device. That might be an alternative if you really need to get those tabs back (you will be starting from scratch in terms of JB tweaks though, and possibly for some apps too)

rkoshack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
As far as I'm aware of, you can only do an iCloud restore when walking through the setup process after a clean restore

That isn't the case with an iTunes backup though, you can choose to restore from a backup using iTunes whenever

I'm not sure if semi-restore brings your device to the setup walk through after it wipes the device. That might be an alternative if you really need to get those tabs back (you will be starting from scratch in terms of JB tweaks though, and possibly for some apps too)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was looking into semi-restore and couldn't find any info on whether it takes me through that walk through asking me if I want to restore from iCloud backup. I was also looking at ILEX RAT, not sure if that would do what I'm looking for. I don't care about having to reinstall all my tweaks as long as I can get my tabs back.

I'm assuming if I plug in to iTunes and choose restore it will wipe the phone and install 8.1.3 since apple is no longer signing 8.1.2

So I'd get my tabs back by restoring from iCloud backup but would lose the jailbreak. Sigh

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was looking into semi-restore and couldn't find any info on whether it takes me through that walk through asking me if I want to restore from iCloud backup. I was also looking at ILEX RAT, not sure if that would do what I'm looking for. I don't care about having to reinstall all my tweaks as long as I can get my tabs back.

I'm assuming if I plug in to iTunes and choose restore it will wipe the phone and install 8.1.3 since apple is no longer signing 8.1.2

So I'd get my tabs back by restoring from iCloud backup but would lose the jailbreak. Sigh

you could try tweeting coolstar on twitter about semi restore and see if he can help

for now, it might be best to disable auto icloud backup just in case

yes, that would be right, 8.1.3 would get installed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.