Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marksmith5618

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
I have no doubt in my mind about 2 things.

1. The question I'm about to ask has probably been answered a thousand times.

2. Forum vets will probably offer some tongue lashing for asking the dumb question.

But here it is....................................

I'm a diehard movie watcher. And I have thousands of video files in every format available. As with most people, I hate itunes and would love a bypass.

Is there not any app out there that will let me save my movie files on my iphone and play them? Without having to stream them or convert them to mp4.

In a perfect world there would be an app that would allow me to save movies on my phone just like it was a hard drive or flash drive, and be able to play those files.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks in advance and sorry also.

Thanks,
Mark

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Is there not any app out there that will let me save my movie files on my iphone and play them? Without having to stream them or convert them to mp4.
Most iPhones don't have sufficient storage capacity for storing many movies, and they have no user-accessible file system that would allow downloading files for later retrieval. However, you can use Dropbox to store files to access from your iPhone. You can either stream movies from Dropbox, or have the app store them on your phone, for access when there is no internet connection.

waynerbbx

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2014
I have no doubt in my mind about 2 things.

1. The question I'm about to ask has probably been answered a thousand times.

2. Forum vets will probably offer some tongue lashing for asking the dumb question.

But here it is....................................

I'm a diehard movie watcher. And I have thousands of video files in every format available. As with most people, I hate itunes and would love a bypass.

In a perfect world there would be an app that would allow me to save movies on my phone just like it was a hard drive or flash drive, and be able to play those files.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks in advance and sorry also.

Thanks,
Mark

Simplest and best choice for this purpose--- get an android phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.