Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paul the 6th

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
York, North Yorkshire (UK)
Hi guys, I placed an order with apple for a new iMac on monday (see screenshot). The order status has been stuck on 'processing' ever since. I assumed it might be like that for maybe 24 hours as a maximum but it's just sat doing nothing. The iMac isn't a standard spec (i7, 4gb of video memory and a 3tb HDD) so could this be something to do with it?

Thanks in advance, pt6

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-03-04 13.55.58.png
    Screenshot 2015-03-04 13.55.58.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 4,404

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Yep

Hi guys, I placed an order with apple for a new iMac on monday (see screenshot). The order status has been stuck on 'processing' ever since. I assumed it might be like that for maybe 24 hours as a maximum but it's just sat doing nothing. The iMac isn't a standard spec (i7, 4gb of video memory and a 3tb HDD) so could this be something to do with it?

Thanks in advance, pt6

You ordered Build to order and now they have to build it for you...

paul the 6th

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
You ordered Build to order and now they have to build it for you...

Helpful.. I thought they grew custom iMacs in a cupboard under the stairs?

For anyone else who might be able to answer my sincere question "how long does ordering from apple take?" just looking for a ball park idea in terms of turn around as I've had stuff from them in the past with an estimated delivery date and it's taken a week longer to show up - I've got some clients waiting on some 4K video work so looking to be realistic with them.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Well it is a silly question...

Helpful.. I thought they grew custom iMacs in a cupboard under the stairs?

For anyone else who might be able to answer my sincere question "how long does ordering from apple take?" just looking for a ball park idea in terms of turn around as I've had stuff from them in the past with an estimated delivery date and it's taken a week longer to show up - I've got some clients waiting on some 4K video work so looking to be realistic with them.

They can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, there are no hard and fast rules. It will depend on all sorts of things current demand, where it's being built (many built in china and shipped but a nMP is built in america), wether apples resources are concentrating on something else, where you are based etc etc etc...

You are asking a question that no one can answer with any real accuracy....

I would err on the side of caution and say another week or so but when the nMP came out some people waited for months..

EDIT

Just took a look at your screen shot it says delivery estimate 10th-12th of March, so I'd say about a week from now. It also says available to ship 2-4 days so I'd guess tomorrow it'll be ready or maybe the day after...

Last edited by a moderator:

paul the 6th

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
exactly what I was looking for.

Like I said in my reply to you, I've ordered things from apple in the past where it has said "10-12 march" (as an example date) but then items haven't showed up till the week after, hence me coming on here and asking people who might have a little more experience with ordering directly from Apple, and then I can advise my clients a little more effectively/be realistic with them if the new iMac doesn't show up on the date they're currently forecasting.

I'll just leave it for now, I wouldn't want to take up too much of your time trolling threads and being so smart and clever with people.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
As I tried to say

exactly what I was looking for.

Like I said in my reply to you, I've ordered things from apple in the past where it has said "10-12 march" (as an example date) but then items haven't showed up till the week after, hence me coming on here and asking people who might have a little more experience with ordering directly from Apple, and then I can advise my clients a little more effectively/be realistic with them if the new iMac doesn't show up on the date they're currently forecasting.

I'll just leave it for now, I wouldn't want to take up too much of your time trolling threads and being so smart and clever with people.

You will get a different answer from everyone, it really is a crapshoot. As far as I can tell from when I have ordered from apple they have been accurate or slightly early. Others will say they are always late for between 2 and 10 days (much as you have said yourself) , everyone will have had different experiences for all of the reasons I gave in my other post.

Your order slip says it will be ready for shipping sometime between today and tomorrow so if it still hasn't shipped by friday you'll have cause for concern until then I'd accept what they are telling you. The apple website also states that if there are any issues they will email you with revised dates and times but you could have looked up that yourself on the apple delivery Q&A page...

paul the 6th

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Brilliant, thanks for the advice. I wasn't making out that I have an issue or any complaint, I was just seeking guidance from other people who might have experience of apple.

Have an A-1 day buddy.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
As already mentioned, the delivery date is already provided in your own screenshot.

I would check your credit card to see whether it's been charged and if there's a problem charging the amount. If your card isn't charged yet there might be a problem you have to sort out.

paul the 6th

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
As already mentioned, the delivery date is already provided in your own screenshot.

I would check your credit card to see whether it's been charged and if there's a problem charging the amount. If your card isn't charged yet there might be a problem you have to sort out.

Thank you consultant, I think this is possibly the niggle in my own mind as to why I came on asking about this. If it's fairly routine for Apple orders to be listed as 'processing' for quite a few days then I'm quite confident in their estimate.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
FWIW, my last 3 Macs came from Nashville and I've got a friend who's trying to get out of that city to get back home - he's been stuck there for 3 days, with many of the departures cancelled or delayed depending on the destination.

I ordered two Dell monitors two weeks ago and it took 6 days to get out of Nashville - "order being processed" - before being shipped... Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.