Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Notice recently my battery life has got pretty bad on my iPhone 6, it never used to be, any ideas on how to save battery? Also I've attached my usage, incase that's any use?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 148

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Sounds like enabling Auto-Lock might be something worth trying, as suggested, in case the screen stays on longer than needed.

Also there are all kinds of various tips that can potentially help, like those at http://www.scottyloveless.com/blog/2014/the-ultimate-guide-to-solving-ios-battery-drain and http://www.supercompressor.com/tech/apple-iphone-battery-hack-how-to-extend-the-life-of-your-battery and quite a few other similar ones.

Thanks for the links, I'll have a read.

reery

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
iPhone 6 battery life rubbish

Does your iPhone get somehow hot while idle. About 2 times in a month I get a constant 50% CPU usage of the locationd service which drains my iPhone 6 within 7 hours in idle state.

I got my 6 replaced 4 times due to a lot dead pixels and a loose screen and this locationd CPU hog occured on every device.

A restart cures the CPU hog for a few weeks.

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Mine does it too. One hour of zero use it dropped 25% with no apps running in the background. Very warm to the touch too.

PCsmooth

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2014
In terms of 3D gaming the iPhone 6 managed 2h35min of nonstop activity when I was testing it - an hour less in relation to the Galaxy S5.

One important positive in regards to the battery is the fact that it charges quite fast. You get 39% from a 40 minute charge and it charges completely in just two hours.

The battery life of the iPhone 6 is solid but I can not help but believe that I'd give up a mm of thickness for an extended battery life.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
For those who suffer from a device that runs hot and on which the usage and standby time are both very similar/almost the same, take it to Apple. It's a hardware issue.

I've had the same thing happen twice, once on an iPhone 5 and once on an iPhone 6. Both times they did a diagnostic in store and determined there was a problem with the processor that caused it to get "stuck".

Both times I walked out with a new phone and no issues.

Also, because I see this ALL THE TIME....please make sure you "lock" or put your phone to sleep before putting in your pocket/purse. Or, as another poster suggests, set it to auto-lock after a certain period of time. I can't tell you how many people I see toss an iPhone in their purse or pocket with the display still active. Those that do this and don't have auto-lock set will notice the phone is ALWAYS on....because it is....because the user failed to press the "sleep" button.

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Doing it again. 70% down to 26% in 2 hours. Only texting. Back is very warm.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Doing it again. 70% down to 26% in 2 hours. Only texting. Back is very warm.
If you tried various other things, and aside from resetting network settings, or all settings, perhaps the final step of restoring as new doesn't help, you might want to take it to Apple and have them look at it.

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Yeah. Hasn't done it today at all. Next step would be to restore and see if does the same thing not jail broken. Not sure if it's a tweak causing it or a hardware issue.

hogsdill

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
I'm having similar battery issues. It can go from 80% to 50% in less than an hour.

For the JB's, you might try Semi Restore to stay on a clean but JB 8.1.2 installation.

Going to try this tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.