Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

houssein31

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
After the arrival of the new Photos App, I want to digitalize all my family photo album. I wanted to know how could I change the date of multiple photos at the same? I figured hoe to change the date of ONE picture at a time (by going to Get Info..)..But when I check the "Get Info" while having more than one photo selected, I loose the ability to change the date...Anyone know I could change de date of 100+ photos at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Dragomer

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2009
Just figured it out!

Select all the photos and click the Image button in the toolbar at the top. Then there should be an option that says Adjust Date Time.

So glad I just figured this out! Now only if faces would work better....

NewMacUser20009

Suspended
Nov 15, 2011
Dragomer, thanks for your post! I have looked all over to try to find this out as well.

houssein31, I sent all of my old negatives off to be scanned a year or two ago (I used ScanCafe). I had been planning on sorting through them in Aperture and grouping them into projects for quite a while, but the imminent move to Photos made me finally start working on it.

Since photos doesn't show a project hierarchy, but rather groups of photos by date and place, I manually adjusted the dates and geotagged all of the photos I have sorted. They should now display correctly in the new app.

I'm sure there will be additional tweaking needed, but I'm glad to see that you can at least change the dates in the new app. From what I have read it doesn't sound like there is a way to manually GeoTag yet, but hopefully they add this option back in a later release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.