Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exi

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Is there any trick to make this simple task work? I'm getting tired of apple piss poor services.
Thanks

Other than that there is a delay between you enabling forwarding and it actually forwarding new messages, what problem is it you're having besides just being annoyed?

PMR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Portugal (Google it)
Other than that there is a delay between you enabling forwarding and it actually forwarding new messages, what problem is it you're having besides just being annoyed?

Is that a rhetorical question? Should I be happy? Delay? What delay? The thing just doesn't work.

PMR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Portugal (Google it)
Well, I've forwarded emails for years also, and every other email provider worked as expected. I was asking for a trick, like ""sign out and reselect "delete email after forwarding"" type of thing, because other than that, there isn't a lot one can do.
The rant is a thing to expect, since a lot of stuff isn't working as intended on the Apple side.

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Well, I've forwarded emails for years also, and every other email provider worked as expected. I was asking for a trick, like ""sign out and reselect "delete email after forwarding"" type of thing, because other than that, there isn't a lot one can do.
The rant is a thing to expect, since a lot of stuff isn't working as intended on the Apple side.

Well, for one have you tried forwarding to different addresses? It's certainly possible that the receiving server is rejecting the forwarded emails. When I said I've forwarded email for years, I meant I've forwarded them from my mac.com and iCloud.com accounts to other addresses for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.