Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Hello,

I am trying to help a family member set up and use their new Mac. I see that Yosemite has the ability to screen share, but it appears to be limited to Macs on the same network or on the same Apple/iCloud ID.

It looks like Apple Remote Desktop would work, but it costs $80 and it seems like overkill.

Does anyone have any suggestions on who to share screens with two Macs over the Internet and with two different Apple/iCloud ID's?

Thank you.

Thunderboltedge

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2014
Milan
Hello,

I am trying to help a family member set up and use their new Mac. I see that Yosemite has the ability to screen share, but it appears to be limited to Macs on the same network or on the same Apple/iCloud ID.

It looks like Apple Remote Desktop would work, but it costs $80 and it seems like overkill.

Does anyone have any suggestions on who to share screens with two Macs over the Internet and with two different Apple/iCloud ID's?

Thank you.
Teamviewer

Free and it works fine. You can even set up conference call and meeting via it.

Give it a try

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Hello,

Thank you.

GreenWorldSoft.com

Look at this video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.