Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kateis3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
USA
Hey, I just got another new ipod. A piece of advice to all of you, do NOT go running for extended periods of time with your ipod in your pocket. :rolleyes: Apparently the friction and quick movements can really jack up your hardrive and mine's a prime example. Luckily, it was still under warranty so Apple sent me a new one. I've had two ipods before this one. The fourth generation which i sold because i wanted to buy the new fifth generation which is the one that had hardrive problems. For both of my previous ipod's i charged them initally for 24 hours even when they said their battery was charged and i was wondering if this is really necessary? I heard you should do this from a guy at Best Buy, but I dont know if its true. I really wanna know tho because i wanna start listening to my music! Thanks!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I don't think 24 hours is necessary. Just charge it until it's full, run it to empty and then charge it again if you really want to play it safe. To be honest, you should be fine just charging until it's full.

Oh, and I completely agree with you about the running with hard drive-based iPods thing. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.