Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

applecare-logo-250x173.jpg
Apple Watch Sport and the stainless steel Apple Watch will be covered by a limited one-year warranty for hardware repairs and up to 90 days of complimentary support from Apple, the same coverage offered for the iPhone, iPad and many other products. Meanwhile, the more expensive 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition will be backed by two years of hardware coverage and complimentary support.

AppleCare+ will also be available for all three Apple Watch models, providing extended warranty up to three years from the date of purchase, depending on the edition, and accidental damage coverage. The Apple Watch Sport and stainless steel Apple Watch are covered for up to two years from the original date of purchase under AppleCare+, while the high-end 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition is covered for up to three years from the original date of purchase.

Apple will cover up to two incidents of accidental damage for an unspecified service fee, although the exact charge and the cost of AppleCare+ for Apple Watch overall is not provided. We have reached out to Apple for comment about pricing and will update this post if we hear back.

Article Link: Apple Offering AppleCare+ With Accidental Damage Coverage on Apple Watch

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I was wondering if Apple would handle accidental damage with the watch, seeing how they have made such a big deal about the watch for months. Good move on their part. I predict a lot of people will be making use of the AppleCare +.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
What's that sir? You want Apple Care + included with your $17000 watch? Hahaha does sir think we are a charity!

I find it disgusting that a 17000 car has a better warranty then an Apple watch INCLUDED in the sales price.

Last edited:

Jimmyz

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
If I am paying 10,000+ for a watch I want more than 3 years of warranty.

Most fine timepieces have a 1 year warrenty, which is prob why apple went with 2 years (plus 2 years is apple care coverage length normally).

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
what's that sir? You want apple care + included with your $17000 watch? Hahaha does sir think we are a charity!

I find it disgusting that a 17000 car has a better warranty the an apple watch included in the sales price.

$17,000?

Woogaloo

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2008
What's that sir? You want Apple Care + included with your $17000 watch? Hahaha does sir think we are a charity!

I find it disgusting that a 17000 car has a better warranty the an Apple watch INCLUDED in the sales price.

But does it really? Depending on the dealer it's got the standard 5 year/50000 mile warranty. The most expensive watch comes with the same standard warranty that Apple offers.

But I do agree you'd 'assume' it would come with it.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!

The top end watch price.

But does it really? Depending on the dealer it's got the standard 5 year/50000 mile warranty. The most expensive watch comes with the same standard warranty that Apple offers.

But I do agree you'd 'assume' it would come with it.

Yes, 5 years is longer then 2 years is it not? Or what about Kia's 7 year warranty. It's the single most expensive thing Apple sells, and all you get for the money is 1 extra years warranty and a gold case and buckle, their is nothing else different to the $349 sports model.

Last edited:

Jimmyz

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
If you're paying over 10 grand for a watch I'm pretty sure money doesn't matter at that point.

But it totally does! Just because someone can afford a 10k watch doesn't mean that they have 10s or 100s of millions of dollars. In fact, many people don't understand that if u buy ur watch right, u can actually stand to make money on ur watch if u sell it in the future (as compared to almost every other good on the market). Panerai is a good example... I have purchased 4 Panerais and still have two, and every Panerai I sold made me a profit, and I would make a profit on the two I have if I decided to sell them. The apple watch edition would be worth at least 50% less after 5 years.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
The top end watch price.

Yes, 5 years is longer then 2 years is it not? Or what about Kia's 7 year warranty. It's the single most expensive thing Apple sells, and all you get for the money is 1 extra years warranty and a gold case and buckle, their is nothing else different to the $299 sports model.

The sport is 349 buddy. What you get is gold, another year of warranty and a gold buckle. Gold valued more than aluminum. Your opinion doesn't really matter on the worth of the watch, they will sell because people can afford them.

Jimmyz

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
The Gold edition isn't really for Americans anyways. I'm sure the Middle East (read: qataris, Saudis and emiratis), and Asia will be the main markets (Russian oligarchs will buy a lot of them, but it won't be from the Russian market).

If you see metallic purple lamborghinis all day long, chances are ur in a **** ME country (and I'm from the ME and have been there multiple times) and will see tons of Apple watch edition timepieces. U may even see some gaudy company try to add diamonds somehow.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
The sport is 349 buddy. What you get is gold, another year of warranty and a gold buckle. Gold valued more than aluminum. Your opinion doesn't really matter on the worth of the watch, they will sell because people can afford them.

An ounce of good is less than $1200. Does the watch have even an ounce of gold to account for $16651 in price difference?

cdm283813

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2015
17,000 if you want the most expensive version of the Edition.

I didn't think I would see the day when a Apple gadget that can fit in the palm of my hand would cost up to $17,000. A true slickdealer would say that the tax kills the deal.

Jimmyz

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
An ounce of good is less than $1200. Does the watch have even an ounce of gold to account for $16651 in price difference?

The genius of Tim Cook and Jonny Ive + supply and demand = 17k Apple watch ;)

Woogaloo

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Even though it might not matter it I think it should. I am pretty sure people who buy luxury cars come with really excellent warranties and insurance.

That may be the case, but I don't think they buy them because they do or do not come with a warranty. I think they buy them because they like them, but I could be wrong. :D

Jimmyz

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Even though it might not matter it I think it should. I am pretty sure people who buy luxury cars come with really excellent warranties and insurance.

I think that has to do with the standard set. The min warrenty you see in cars is 3 years, but the average warrenty on fine timepieces is 1 year. Also, I don't think Apple would benefit from adding one more year of warrenty (directly or indirectly), and regular apple care is a 2 year warrenty, so I don't think they even felt a need to make it more.

Jimmyz

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
I'm sure "ur" buying up those watches left and right with your communication abilities as such.

:rolleyes:

Me using internet lingo on an internet forum (who would have thought!?!?) has nothing to do with the rudeness of your post.

I usually steer clear of conflicts on forums, but I found what you said to be upsetting.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.