Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch are you planning on buying?

• Sport / Silver Aluminum / White Sport Band / 38mm

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Sport / Silver Aluminum / White Sport Band / 42mm

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Sport / Silver Aluminum / Blue Sport Band / 38mm

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sport / Silver Aluminum / Blue Sport Band / 42mm

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • Sport / Silver Aluminum / Green Sport Band / 38mm

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sport / Silver Aluminum / Green Sport Band / 42mm

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • Sport / Silver Aluminum / Pink Sport Band / 38mm

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Sport / Silver Aluminum / Pink Sport Band / 42mm

• Sport / Space Gray Aluminum / Black Sport Band / 38mm

Votes: 53 7.2%
  • Sport / Space Gray Aluminum / Black Sport Band / 42mm

Votes: 198 26.8%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / White Sport Band / 38mm

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / White Sport Band / 42mm

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Black Sport Band / 38mm

Votes: 19 2.6%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Black Sport Band / 42mm

Votes: 56 7.6%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Black Classic Buckle / 38mm

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Black Classic Buckle / 42mm

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Milanese Loop / 38mm

Votes: 28 3.8%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Milanese Loop / 42mm

Votes: 61 8.3%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Black Modern Buckle / 38mm

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Black Leather Loop / 42mm

Votes: 18 2.4%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Midnight Blue Modern Buckle / 38mm

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Bright Blue Leather Loop / 42mm

• Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Soft Pink Modern Buckle / 38mm

• Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Stone Leather Loop / 42mm

• Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Brown Modern Buckle / 38mm

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Light Brown Leather Loop / 42mm

• Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Link Bracelet / 38mm

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • Apple Watch / Stainless Steel / Link Bracelet / 42mm

Votes: 49 6.6%
  • Apple Watch / Space Black / Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet / 38mm

Votes: 12 1.6%
  • Apple Watch / Space Black / Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet / 42mm

Votes: 58 7.9%
  • Edition / Rose Gold / White Sport Band / 38mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edition / Rose Gold / White Sport Band / 42mm

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Edition / Yellow Gold / Black Sport Band / 38mm

• Edition / Yellow Gold / Black Sport Band / 42mm

• Edition / Rose Gold / Rose Gray Modern Buckle / 38mm

• Edition / Yellow Gold / Black Classic Buckle / 42mm

• Edition / Yellow Gold / Bright Red Modern Buckle / 38mm

• Edition / Yellow Gold / Midnight Blue Classic Buckle / 42mm

• Total voters

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
All 38 models are listed. Which one are you leaning towards?

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
It doesn't seem to be working.

Sorry it took me a solid 15 minutes to input all the options haha. It should be up now! I figured this would be a great way to visualize the popularity of the different models!

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Stainless Steel with Milanese Loop for me :cool:
I've debated internally about getting the Sport with the Milanese Loop...but I'm not sure how that stainless steel will really look with aluminum in person.

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
I think I'm going with the stainless steel and the link bracelet. I originally wanted the space black stainless steel and space black link bracelet, but the pictures and 360 views Apple put up today look really dark.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I think I'm going with the stainless steel and the link bracelet. I originally wanted the space black stainless steel and space black link bracelet, but the pictures and 360 views Apple put up today look really dark.

I think the space black version looks really sharp and plan to get that one. I'm tempted to get a black modern buckle or a black classic buckle for a slightly different look, as well.

And I plan to get a space gray MacBook to match. :D

gcrr

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
I'm torn between the 38mm stainless with the black sport band and the 38mm space grey with the black sports band. I'm not sure in the extra 200 is really worth it.

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
I think the space black version looks really sharp and plan to get that one. I'm tempted to get a black modern buckle or a black classic buckle for a slightly different look, as well.

And I plan to get a space gray MacBook to match. :D

The space gray MacBook looks awesome! I can't believe they didn't even mention it during the event.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
42mm Space Grey Aluminum with Black Band. Will be adding the Milanese Loop as well.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
The watch I'd buy isn't the watch I would want. The one I would vote for getting depends on if I were paying for it or someone else was paying for it.
Such is life.

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I'm torn between the 38mm stainless with the black sport band and the 38mm space grey with the black sports band. I'm not sure in the extra 200 is really worth it.

It depends. If you plan to keep it for a while and potentially dress it up with other bands, the stainless steel is better. If it's more for function and/or you want to replace it every year, go for the Sport.

gcrr

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
It depends. If you plan to keep it for a while and potentially dress it up with other bands, the stainless steel is better. If it's more for function and/or you want to replace it every year, go for the Sport.

I'm kinda leaning toward the sport because this is the first gen.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
All 38 models are listed. Which one are you leaning towards?

I think Im going with the Stainless Steel with Milanese loop. That watch looks very upscale. I was thinking Sport with milanese loop but would rather have the Sapphire Glass.

cleirac

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2014
Milanese Loop, Brown Modern Buckle and Black Sport Band for my SS. Where is that option? :D

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
42mm Space Grey Aluminum with Black Band. Will be adding the Milanese Loop as well.

This is exactly what I plan on doing, and saving a few hundred dollars over the stainless model. My only worry is how the Milanese loop will look with the aluminum watch (either Space Grey or Silver).

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I plan on getting the 42mm Sport with the space grey case and the black band. To me it is better because the stainless steel watches seem like expensive fingerprint magnets (which I REALLY don't want), and of course it's cheaper. Oh yeah, and I'm getting the space grey model because it'll match my iPhone better.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I plan on getting the 42mm Sport with the space grey case and the black band. To me it is better because the stainless steel watches seem like expensive fingerprint magnets (which I REALLY don't want), and of course it's cheaper. Oh yeah, and I'm getting the space grey model because it'll match my iPhone better.

These are all of the same reasons I'm getting a Sport as well! The SS model is just too much of a fingerprint magnet, and the matte finish of the Sport will keep it clean, plus it will match the iPhone :D

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Ahhhhhh! Why the hell does everybody want my watch??? :confused::confused::confused:

All of you 42mm Space grey black band sport people better be camping out :D

I'm serious doh... Don't touch my pre-order.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
This is exactly what I plan on doing, and saving a few hundred dollars over the stainless model. My only worry is how the Milanese loop will look with the aluminum watch (either Space Grey or Silver).
I'm a little worried as well, but I figured I can return it if I don't like how it looks after a few days. But definitely pre-ordering everything, otherwise it may take a while to get.

Ahhhhhh! Why the hell does everybody want my watch??? :confused::confused::confused:

All of you 42mm Space grey black band sport people better be camping out :D

I'm serious doh... Don't touch my pre-order.
I camped out for the iPhone 4, iPad 2 and iPhone 5S. I'm good with camping out and will definitely be pre-ordering! :D

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
I'm really torn. But I'll probably end up going with Silver Sport 42mm white band and possibly the Blue Leather Loop. I'd get the space grey but there's not a whole lot of options for it.

If money wasn't an option, I'd go for the space grey SS with the metal link bracelet. That thing is sexy as hell.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I'm getting a 42mm Sport with a White Band. I'd like a Black Band for backup.

Anyone want to trade the extra band they get?

I can use the larger or smaller size in the Black Sport you have - my wrist fits both. I'll send a white your way.

DC Wallaby

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2014
42mm Apple Watch with Milanese Loop is currently what I plan to get, since it's what I've wanted fairly consistently since the beginning.

However, my intention is to preorder that and one of the Sport models, and then try them out at the Apple Store and cancel whichever one I decide I don't want. Maybe the Space Gray and purchase the green band separately, or the silver with a green band.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.