Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
So there's an annoying glitch in iOS (well annoying and glitch according to me lol). When I swipe down to search, I start typing and the same few non-related apps always come up top of the list as I type. Is there a way to hide certain apps from the iOS search results? I have 10-20 apps installed which I use so rarely, and I don't want to delete them, but it's annoying having them come up in the search constantly.

I am jailbroken, so a jailbreak tweak to help this would be nice.

rickbrown2

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
Re: [iPhone] Any way to hide specific apps from coming up in iOS search?

No matter, whether you are using those apps or not. The results are appearing based on the installed apps within the device.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
No matter, whether you are using those apps or not. The results are appearing based on the installed apps within the device.

Yeah I understand WHY they're coming up. I want to be able to hide certain apps from that search because it's such an annoying feature that if I type "P" to search for Pandora, it brings up amazon "Prime" before Pandora unless I keep typing "Pand" ... super annoying. Given there are a handful of apps I never use, I'd love to remove them from the search.

----------

More annoying for me is when I go to touch an app in the search results the apps get reshuffled and I end up opening the wrong thing.

Exactly... this is a super annoying "feature" ... not sure what can be done about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.