Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which MacBook color are you choosing?

• Silver

Votes: 54 11.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 108 23.1%
  • Space Gray

Votes: 305 65.3%

• Total voters

thomasdangit

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Hi,

I decided to buy the new MacBook just for the sheer portability. However, I just can't decide which color to choose! They all look awesome. Which is your favorite?

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Which MacBook color are you choosing?

I always opt for Silver/White Apple products. But this time, I'll go for the Space Gray MacBook.

Edit: It'd be better if you add a poll :)

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Space Gray, and it's not even a question. That's what I get on iOS devices. For people who always wanted another black MacBook, this is pretty close.

darrenc95

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2014
If I end up getting the new MacBook, I will probably opt for silver. It's just classic Apple. I prefer white/white-ish electronics to black/black-ish, and the gold is just tacky. (I have a gold iPhone 5S, but that's different.)

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
everybody who seen the gold tells that is very classic and very with good taste, yes it is a different colour never seen before in mass production laptop :D
So i see the future....iphone ipad macbook GOLD SILVER SPACE GREY

Phil: Whats next? Apple TV SILVER GOLD AND SPACE GREY

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
The gold is dreadful. I'd feel embarassed to be seen using that!

I'll be getting the Space Grey - so gorgeous!

thomasdangit

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
San Francisco, CA
I've never actually owned a Mac (I know, shame shame) and I'm deciding between the Silver and Space Grey MacBook (the gold looks too flashy).

I am literally scratching my eyes out trying to decide. The silver would match my iPhone and iPad but the space grey just looks wonderful. Is the silver more susceptible to visible scratches? Which simply looks better, in your opinion?

Last edited:

rararobb

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
I love the gold and the space gray. I had the gold 5s and quickly decided that I thought it was ugly. I just didn't like the contrast between the shade of gold and the white. When the 6 launched, I was impressed with how much more attractive the gold color was. However, I opted for the white/silver because the antenna colors introduced a third color that messed with the look. I also don't like the black/space gray contrast.

However, the all gray MacBook is so sleek and the gold is simply stunning! I don't know if I would own the gold, but I can't stop looking at pictures of it because it glows!

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I tried to add a poll for preferred color "Gold, Silver, Space Grey", but there is literally no add poll option anywhere when I edit my original post! Could a moderator add one, please? It would help me tons.

In the top right corner of the first post of the thread, click "Thread Tools" and add a poll.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 3.10.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 3.10.41 PM.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 413

Matt2432

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Space grey. Does anyone know if it will be available at best buy on April 10? I want to use a giftcard I have.

Talbot

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2011
The gold looks nice. But I feel like its meant for people who either have a gold $ around their neck or "JUICY" written on their ass.

Nothing against those people but as a white male I feel like I would seem like I'm reaching for something I'm not.

So space grey it is!

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I tried to add a poll for preferred color "Gold, Silver, Space Grey", but there is literally no add poll option anywhere when I edit my original post! Could a moderator add one, please? It would help me tons.

In the top right corner of the first post of the thread, click "Thread Tools" and add a poll.

You can't add a poll after the thread has been created. If you want to add a poll to your thread, only a mod can do so.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
I added a poll to make this a little more informative.

[Member Note]
I like the space gray but I'm concerned about its wear and tear

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
[MOD NOTE]

I added a poll to make this a little more informative.

[Member Note]

I like the space gray but I'm concerned about its wear and tear

Much appreciated. Do you think the space gray MacBook will scratch and chip easily, just like many have been experiencing with their space gray Apple products?

------

That said, I bet the space gray will sell out fast :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.