Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I have a Mac Mini that I use as a media server, I also have my MacBook Air that I primarily use to access iTunes since I can plug my iPhone or iPad into it while sitting at the couch.

My issue is that I am always having problems with either not seeing the iTunes Library at all or getting the spinning beachball while trying to do anything with iTunes on the MB Air. The iTunes library and my iPhoto library are both in an external thunderbolt drive connected to the Mini. I don't get why it's so extremely slow with my wifi on my AirPort Extreme.

Should I run the library of a usb HDD plugged into the Airport directly? Would/should that be any better?

And sometimes before I can access the drives or screen share to the mini I have to reboot it because I don't readily have a keyboard for it, is there a way to keep it connected more reliably? It's set to never sleep. I though about a script or something to reboot it once a day or something, it seems to be an issue if it sits for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.