Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v2p

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Hi

Forgive me if this has been posted before, I've tried to do a few searches but nothing came up exactly with my problem.

I use the stickies app for some quick things that I want to write down, and usually they are not that important. For this reason I never bother saving the stickies. However even if I open the stickies app, write something down, then close it (without closing individual sticky notes and choosing whether or not to save them), then later that day or tomorrow when I open the stickies app again, the stickies have always reappeared how I left them.

A few days ago I jotted some things down using the stickies app, and again I just closed the stickies app and did not close the individual sticky notes and select save or don't save. Yesterday I opened the stickies app and everything was how I left it. Today I started up my laptop and opened the stickies app and everything was missing. There were no sticky notes at all, just a blank one.

Does anyone know why this has happened/ how to prevent it from happening again/ how to recover the lost stickies?

Time machine is not an option because the sticky notes I made with the stickies app a few days ago that I want to get back, came after my most recent time machine backup.

Amigalander

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
This happened to one of my computers also. Maybe the stickies database file format is delicate. I didn't try, but an undelete type app might help.

v2p

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
This happened to one of my computers also. Maybe the stickies database file format is delicate. I didn't try, but an undelete type app might help.

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any suggestions as to what undelete app to try?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.