Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
I have updated my mac pro from 4.1 8 core to 5.1 12 core.
I installed 64 gig of memory and i bought a second hand 680 gtx.

Everything works so far only i have some serieus after effects problems.
After effects is really slow and i always get this message...

The GPU-accelaerated ray-traced 3d renderer does not have enough free video memory (VRAM) to operate. The ray-traced 3d renderer will use the CPU bla bla bla.

So i know there is an issue with the graphic card... I didn't flash it because i don't need the boot screen. But can someone tell me how i can fix my graphic card.. Or is it broken, is there a program what can help me...

Please help me because i can't work this way in after effects... Previews and interface delays are killing me!

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
I have updated my mac pro from 4.1 8 core to 5.1 12 core.
I installed 64 gig of memory and i bought a second hand 680 gtx.

Everything works so far only i have some serieus after effects problems.
After effects is really slow and i always get this message...

The GPU-accelaerated ray-traced 3d renderer does not have enough free video memory (VRAM) to operate. The ray-traced 3d renderer will use the CPU bla bla bla.

So i know there is an issue with the graphic card... I didn't flash it because i don't need the boot screen. But can someone tell me how i can fix my graphic card.. Or is it broken, is there a program what can help me...

Please help me because i can't work this way in after effects... Previews and interface delays are killing me!

GTX680 with 2GB?

Rob187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for you reply..

Okay and what do you suggest? It's strange because it's slower then my hackintosh with a gtx 580. When i play starcraft it's only possible to play with the lowest settings. How can i check the card if there is something wrong?

Is it possible to test the gtx 580 in the mac or do i need a extra power supply?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.