Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

I have almost year old nMP. You think buy Apple Care or if machine was fine so far it should be ok to skip it?

S

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi,

I have almost year old nMP. You think buy Apple Care or if machine was fine so far it should be ok to skip it?

S

Buy AppleCare. The cost of any sort of failure on your nMP far outweighs the cost for AppleCare. The peace of mind you get with AppleCare (not having to worry about paying for any warranty repairs for an additional 2 years) is really worth it.

The Mac Pro is the most expensive computer Apple make. I'd understand skipping a £200 warranty on a £400 Mac Mini, but not the nMP. :)

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
Hi,

S

Better to get AppleCare as you can never tell if you won't have hardware problems in the future. With the new Mac Pro some parts are proprietary that you can only get it from Apple which may have a higher repair costs. And like what Bazu pointed out, the amount of money invested is big.

bits

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2015
Hi,

Maybe nMP is a different, but I have 3 MBP 15" purchased at an interval 2-3 years (from the beginning of the production alu version).
The best decision is to buy Apple Care.
Eg. I have problems after 2 years with battery, motherboard (GPU), trackpad, magsafe... With all models GPU died (replace the motherboard costs a lot) and I thank God I have Apple Care ;)
This is a first version of this "trash can", so I think it is recommended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.