Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enectrixx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I have an MBA with 10.10 that I've setup to automatically connect to a directory on my NAS automatically, but since I'm away from home a lot I get alerts all the time that there was a problem connecting to the server (which is to be expected, since it's trying to connect to a local IP). I want it to still connect automatically whenever it can, I just don't want it to notify me when it can't. Is there any way to disable the alerts without removing the directory from my login items?

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston
Is it the prompt that says "There was a problem connecting to the server..." with an OK button? If so, I don't know of an OSX extension that would disable this currently, but I can write one. Let me know.

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston
Yeah, it's that one. It would be awesome if you could write one :)

Alright, here it is! First you'll need to download EasySIMBL to use the extension. So get that going, make sure the "Use SIMBL" checkbox is checked. Then download the extension (it's attached), unzip, and drag the .bundle into EasySIMBL. Then try connecting to a nonexistent server. Should work, at least on OSX 10.10.2 :)

EDIT: (Source code for the extension if anyone is interested: https://github.com/mathcolo/ConnectionErrorDisable)

Attachments

• ConnectionErrorDisable.bundle.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

enectrixx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Alright, here it is! First you'll need to download EasySIMBL to use the extension. So get that going, make sure the "Use SIMBL" checkbox is checked. Then download the extension (it's attached), unzip, and drag the .bundle into EasySIMBL. Then try connecting to a nonexistent server. Should work, at least on OSX 10.10.2 :)

EDIT: (Source code for the extension if anyone is interested: https://github.com/mathcolo/ConnectionErrorDisable)

Thanks a lot! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.