Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:05 PM   #1
PeteyNice
macrumors newbie

Good place to buy a PM online?

So, the new prices today have convinced me to break out my credit card. Now the hard part. Where to buy it from? Apple Store charges sales tax everywhere which is no small chunk of change on a $2k order. So, I thought I would ask you folks. Basically, I need a place that does not charge sales tax to NJ and has reasonable shipping costs.
PeteyNice is offline   0
Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:17 PM   #2
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Go to GeneralCybernetics.com, one of the demigods, backtothemac set it up and you can't find better prices. Just let him know you heard about it on MacRumors and I'm sure he'll give you a better deal than you could find anywhere else.

http://www.generalcybernetics.com/apple

I've bought a couple machines and peripherals through him and there are quite a few other members (rowerCPU, teabgs, mcrain and more) who have done the same - we're all happy.

D
Old Jan 28, 2003, 01:38 PM   #3
markomarko
macrumors member

or buy my Dual 867 (no tax, shipping as cheap as you make it)

Just email me at mdwells@shaw.ca. I'll go a bit lower than the retail price for the current 1Ghz powermac.

The machine is a Dual 867 and everything is base configuration, except for the RAM which I've boosted to 512MB.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion