Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hi all

Don't know if anyone can help me with this...

I have two email accounts set up in the Mail apps on both my iPhone and my Mac, one is my iCloud account which is working perfectly, but the other is an office365 email account which is set up with exchange on both devices.

All has been working perfectly on both the mac and the iPhone up until last night... now both the iPhone or the Mac won't update the Office365 email, however, they will update when connected to cellular data (well my phone will at least).

I have tried resetting my router, resetting network settings doing a soft reset (home botton/power button) but nothing seems to be working. I am running the latest software on both devices.

I don't think it is anything to do with my router as it wouldn't update on a wifi network in my town centre either... it will only update over wifi.

I have tried loading outlook.office365.com in safari on both but they will not load either over wifi only over 3G.

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thanks

James

Apunton

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Office365 Mail problem

I have used the default Mail app on ipad4 since Oct2012 with no problems. On Friday 17 April the app began failing to connect to the server nor could I connect to outlook.office365.com through the Safari nor the Chrome browser. However when I downloaded the Outlook app to the iPad the mail displayed with no problem. I contacted Microsoft support and they don't know of any issues with their server software talking to the iPad default Mail app. Office365 Mail on my Windows laptop is working fine over wifi.

I'm running ios8.3 over wifi so I am baffled at present as to what to tune? Have you had any success yet on restarting your email app?

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
wonder if some of the mail settings have changed like server name or port etc. Is there help on the outlook.office site that gives setup directions that you could check to make sure your device setting match what Microsoft wants you to.

Apunton

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
iPad mail app working again

The iPad Mail app started again yesterday evening, 20 April 2015, to receive emails. I had not changed any settings on the iPad whilst it was not connecting to outlook.office365.com. However when I tried to use Safari to connect directly to outlook.office365.com last night it still timed out unable to connect to the server. Today though, 21 April 2015, I successfully connected via Safari to outlook.office365.com and logged on to my email account.

I'm baffled by this blip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.