Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xania143

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
Dear all
I bought iPhone 4S 64GB last Saturday march 2015 and i am on Checking Warranty .. I have jailbroken my iPhone and and i am checking the battery timing please users guide my i am on iOS 7.1.2 and i Started Using iPhone at 3:26 pm 100% and at 5:35 PM its 57% with Use of WiFi and websurfing and Facebook.. I recently noticed that i unlocked my iPhone and it shows me 71% battery i pushed the button to lock it and after few seconds i unlock my phone nad it shows me 76% ..it only happend once.. And i notice that 1St 1% is draining in 9min while the other draining in 2min in 1% or 1min in 1% like example i started using my phone & its 12:00AM 80% ...at 12:09AM the battery is 79% and at 12:10AM its 78% ....., 12:12AM its 78%

Is it Normal or not? Please Guide me
regards
Sania

Last edited:

corvustheraven

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Maryland, USA
Did you purchase the phone used? As the iPhone 4S is an older phone, it may be that it has reached a peak in the number of recharge cycles it can go through. I have an iPhone 4, and it got to a point where the charge wouldn't last long.

Fortunately, replacing the battery in the iPhone 4 / 4S is a VERY simple process, and you can find guides on iFixit. Replacement batteries also usually cost only about $5 on Amazon, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.