Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
UT
All,

I was really in the market for a Powerbook, but for my purposes, I really can't justify the expense (even though a G4 would be nice). Anyhow, I am looking for an Apple to last me ~3 years, have airport, etc. Below is the text from an eBay auction that I am considering. It includes goodies such as Office, Airport, and Applecare (2 yrs 11 mos left according to seller). The seller has good feedback too. He has a buy it now price of $1400, which I find very good. What do you think (I'm very cautious, because I got screwed on eBay with a Powerbook last week).

Thanks.

<<Edit>> Can I use any wireless access point with the airport card? i.e. do I have to buy an apple airport base station, or any 802.11b compatible (linksys, etc)? Thanks.

New Apple iBook , excellent condition, no significant use, open box for less than a month. Includes: 1). 3 year apple care ($209 value); 2). Microsoft Office X ($499); 3). Airport Card ($99); 4). 512MB RAM ($95); CONFIGURATION: 12.1" TFT XGA Display 800 MHz PowerPC G3 Processor 512K Level 2 Cache 640 MB SDRAM 30 GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 with 32 MB VRAM One FireWire (IEEE 1394) Port Two USB Ports Built-in 56K V.92 Modem Built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet Includes the optional Apple Video Adapter to connect the iBook to a TV, VCR, or any other device with a Composite or S-Video input Mac OS X (Jaguar) and Mac OS 9 Original box and all original accessories/software This is the most current revision of the iBook and it is in excellent condition with no dead or stuck pixels. I am selling only because the newly introduced 12" PowerBook would better suit my needs and I am unable to return this unit to the Apple Store because I opened the box. For more information, check out Apple’s iBook information site at: http://www.apple.com/ibook

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Well, forget it, someone already used "buy it now," and it's gone... damnit!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.