Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoboProco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2014
Hello,

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere: after hours of searching and testing, I can't seem to get the solution I am looking for.

I first entered the Apple world with my MacBook Pro in 2009. I was in high school at the time and didn't realize that how I managed my AppleID at that time would have such repercussions later on. Anyways, I created an AppleID with an @mac.com address. I also added another email address as an alternate. This is the account that I have made all purchases and whatnot on.

Fast-forward to now, other family members also have Apple products. Due to us not fully understanding AppleID (does anyone, really?), some creating separate AppleIDs, while others used mine so as to share my music purchases. Somewhere along the way, my sister creating an @icloud.com email address, which she never uses, but it is tethered to my @mac.com AppleID. I would like to remove this email account from my AppleID and/or permanently delete it. She never uses it, and neither would I, but it bothers me having it associated. Unfortunately, from what I've read, it seems like this is impossible as Apple does not like to give users such power. But I thought I'd check here first.

For what it's worth, I already know about adding an alias and whatnot. I simply just want to eliminate the @icloud.com account entirely.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.