Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated a section of its Apple Pay website aimed at businesses with a new link that allows them to order Apple Pay decals for retail stores. The new decals accompany a set of Apple Pay graphics for merchants that were added to the site a few weeks back.

applepaybusiness-800x262.jpg
Clicking the link to order decals takes merchants to a new Apple Pay Supplies website where they can sign up to receive an Apple Pay kit that contains window and register decals. In the kit, there are glass decals in two sizes, register decals in two sizes, and an application tool. Businesses can order up to five kits using the online tool, but larger decal orders require placing a phone call to Apple.

Kits are available at no cost after a company, name, email address, and shipping address are entered.

applepaydecals-800x344.jpg
Apple is encouraging businesses of all sizes to adopt Apple Pay with its new logo kits, and it has a dedicated page for merchants who are interested in accepting the payment method. Apple Pay adoption by retailers has continued at a rapid pace, and in March, several new Apple Pay partners emerged, including GameStop, Marriott International, Jamba Juice, JetBlue, Office Max, Regal Cinemas, Walt Disney World, and more.

During Apple's March 9 event, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that there are now more than 700,000 locations where Apple Pay is accepted, including vending machines. Later this year, Square will introduce a new Square reader with NFC connectivity that will expand Apple Pay availability to thousands of small business owners that use the iPhone-based payment system.

Article Link: Apple Now Providing Apple Pay Window and Register Decals to Businesses

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
What took so long? They should've had these decals ready to go out on day one.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Can I order some of these to stick on the disabled NFC terminals at CVS?

I went into a CVS over the weekend for the first time since Apple Pay launched. I pulled out my phone and asked the (clueless) employee at the register if I could pay with my phone since the light on the NFC reader was flashing and there was no indication from looking at the pad that it wouldn't work.

She said, "Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't" so I got my hopes up for a second. I put my finger on the Touch ID sensor and sure enough, a message came up on the POS screen that said "Contactless payment not permitted. Please swipe your card."

You'd think they would've found a way to completely turn off the NFC reader portion of the terminal by now. Having the light flashing and inviting people to use the technology is just adding insult to injury and making them look even worse. I can't believe they're still waiting for those idiots at CurrentC to get their act together.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I went into a CVS over the weekend for the first time since Apple Pay launched. I pulled out my phone and asked the (clueless) employee at the register if I could pay with my phone since the light on the NFC reader was flashing and there was no indication from looking at the pad that it wouldn't work.

She said, "Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't" so I got my hopes up for a second. I put my finger on the Touch ID sensor and sure enough, a message came up on the POS screen that said "Contactless payment not permitted. Please swipe your card."

You'd think they would've found a way to completely turn off the NFC reader portion of the terminal by now. Having the light flashing and inviting people to use the technology is just adding insult to injury and making them look even worse. I can't believe they're still waiting for those idiots at CurrentC to get their act together.

Just waiting for CurrentC to fail to be able to finally use Apple Pay at these places again.

Silverlink

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
the makeshift stickers on the doors of our local whole foods have been peeling off for awhile now, they look so shoddy; can't believe Apple wouldn't have supplied proper ones from day one. :rolleyes:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I'd love to try it...if my credit union will finally support it! :mad:

They've said "Coming Soon" for 3 months.

AlecZ

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
Berkeley, CA
If we could use this to pay other people directly, it would be even more useful. All my friends use Venmo right now, and it's a great solution for things like splitting a restaurant bill.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
A lot of us are still waiting for this thing to go international.

I think we have to accept the fact that this is not going to happen.
We're already talking about the iPhone 6S and will see the apple watch launch soon and still apple show no desire nor intention to launch this thing outside of the USA.

Do what I am doing and look into using a rival service, one that actually gives a damn about the rest of the day world:

----------

I think we have to accept the fact that this is not going to happen.
We're already talking about the iPhone 6S and will see the apple watch launch soon and still apple show no desire nor intention to launch this thing outside of the USA.

Do what I am doing and look into using a rival service, one that actually gives a damn about the rest of the day world:

actually - I lie.
China will see Apple Pay before any other part of the world.
USA and China are apples only priority.

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013
Just waiting for CurrentC to fail to be able to finally use Apple Pay at these places again.

I don't think there's a single consumer who wants CurrentC to succeed.

It's strange, but in this case siding with Apple is siding with broadly-available standards over narrowly-supported proprietary stuff. That isn't typically the case.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
You and I must have the same credit union! I'm not entirely convinced that my bank is actually working on it or not.

Below "Coming Soon" it says "we are just waiting for Apple to give us the green light..."

Either Apple is falling behind or my credit union has been lying to me! Meh, they're probably lying; they have to be lying when they say they offer 0.000000000000000000000001% interest. :rolleyes:

refslady

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Thawing North
You and I must have the same credit union! I'm not entirely convinced that my bank is actually working on it or not.

My credit union finally sent an email on Monday to say they support Apple Pay, even though I signed up when I saw them appear on Apple's list. Try again, mine didn't work the first few times (over a period of weeks) when I tried it, then suddenly it did.

funone0

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2011
I love this but what I really want is an app with a map of every store that accepts Apple Pay

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I love this but what I really want is an app with a map of every store that accepts Apple Pay
This is a tough app, but something similar to it is already out, just download the MasterCard Nearby app, and it'll tell you which stores have MasterCard PayPass, which means you'll be able to use Apple Pay at these places.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.