Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okizen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Does ne1 know where I can purchase the 1TB PCIe-Based Flash Storage for 2014 15" MBP? I know the manufacturer is Samsung (Apple Samsung) but I need to find the retailers for this.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Does ne1 know where I can purchase the 1TB PCIe-Based Flash Storage for 2014 15" MBP? I know the manufacturer is Samsung (Apple Samsung) but I need to find the retailers for this.

The only place to purchase is ebay. No one sells 3rd party PCIE for Apple devices yet. OWC said they would (other than the Mac Pro), but that has yet to come to fruition in over a year...

okizen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
The only place to purchase is ebay. No one sells 3rd party PCIE for Apple devices yet. OWC said they would (other than the Mac Pro), but that has yet to come to fruition in over a year...

Thanx paulrbeers.

creamz

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2015
OWC doesn't have TRIM support. It is nothing bad actually as Mac OS X only offered trim support for 3rd party SSD since Yosemite. Unless you really need right now, it is better to wait. Who knows they may come up with one soon.

MRxROBOT

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2016
01000011 01000001
I see that the OP asked this some time ago so this is probably irrelevant but since creamz posting bumped it to the 1st page here are my two cents. The OWC drives are run in RAID and show up as an external drive for the late 2013 and later drives. This also means you can't use them in Bootcamp. Another thing to consider is that the 1TB OWC drive is noticeably slower than Apple's 1TB, especially the new 2015 drives (the 1TB drives have been 4x lane since late 2013). Personally I would spend more and source an OEM system pull. The OWC has too many shortcomings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.