Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I am very tempted to get the watch delivered to my workplace (small corporate office) when I pre-order the watch. So if the stars align correctly (as in I get the pre-order in for the first wave,) I should get it delivered to my desk day one, Friday 4/24. However, if it doesn't, then I'll have to wait to the following Monday when our office are open again to get my watch.

The other option is to get it delivered to my home and get it when it comes in. That is probably the safer option, but I feel like a gamble. I'm sure that I'm not the only person in this quandary. Any suggestions?

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Have them hold it at the distribution hub and not even make the delivery attempt. That way you can get it once you're off work.

That or call in sick

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm taking the day off so I WILL be there :)

I hope they dont deliver it at 8pm like they did with my iphone 6+ :mad:

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I always have my preorders delivered to my office. Never had a problem yet. Not sure why you think it's a gamble -- if UPS/FedEx say they'll deliver it on Friday, it'll be there on Friday, absent major accident or natural disaster.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I always have my preorders delivered to my office. Never had a problem yet. Not sure why you think it's a gamble -- if UPS/FedEx say they'll deliver it on Friday, it'll be there on Friday, absent major accident or natural disaster.

It's a bit of a gamble, if my pre-order doesn't come in Friday. Then I would have to wait till Monday. Has your experience pre-ordering as soon as the flood gates open resulted in delivery on the release day?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
It's a bit of a gamble, if my pre-order doesn't come in Friday. Then I would have to wait till Monday. Has your experience pre-ordering as soon as the flood gates open resulted in delivery on the release day?

Yes, in every instance. When you place your pre-order, you get a "delivers by" date. If that day is the launch day, then your product gets there on launch day. UPS/FedEx go all out to ensure they deliver them on launch day. They won't go, "Oh, this truck is full, we'll save it for Monday." If the truck is full, some other non-launch delivery will be kept off the truck. Get what I mean?

Foss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Yes, in every instance. When you place your pre-order, you get a "delivers by" date. If that day is the launch day, then your product gets there on launch day. UPS/FedEx go all out to ensure they deliver them on launch day. They won't go, "Oh, this truck is full, we'll save it for Monday." If the truck is full, some other non-launch delivery will be kept off the truck. Get what I mean?

Thanks for the input! It looks like delivery to the office by ordering at 3:00 AM Eastern time is the plan.

MyPad

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
I'm doing the same actually. Primarily because I won't be home to sign for the package. I could take the day off but it's easier to have it shipped to the office.

I've preordered a couple iPhones and an iPad and they've always arrived on launch day. It's probably the safest way to go. Just keep an eye on the front door and make sure everyone doesn't leave for lunch at the same time.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I'm doing the same actually. Primarily because I won't be home to sign for the package. I could take the day off but it's easier to have it shipped to the office.

I've preordered a couple iPhones and an iPad and they've always arrived on launch day. It's probably the safest way to go. Just keep an eye on the front door and make sure everyone doesn't leave for lunch at the same time.

I work in an open floor space startup-ish NYC office. So I have a view of the elevator doors from my desk on my right and the new WTC on my left. :) Every time the elevators open, I will be looking on the 24th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.