Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
ATT 18.1 completely crippled data speeds compared to 18.0 hacked carrier file. I need a tweak to disable constant update notifications. Either that or someone who knows how to edit carrier files where I can modify the version.

Ive searched everywhere without success. Any useful input on this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
Or if anyone knows the server/IP where the updates are pushed from. I can block it via a firewall.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
ATT 18.1 completely crippled data speeds compared to 18.0 hacked carrier file. I need a tweak to disable constant update notifications. Either that or someone who knows how to edit carrier files where I can modify the version.

Ive searched everywhere without success. Any useful input on this would be appreciated.

I don't get it. When there's a carrier update it asks and if you dismiss the update, it doesn't keep popping up every 5 minutes or anything.

Regarding your comments about it crippling data speeds, I disagree. The data connection and speeds have been better now than ever before.

Hacking the carrier file violates your carrier's TOU, and is essentially stealing... (don't like that analogy? read your contract and AT&T TOU)

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
Pops up enough to warrant changing it. Also you apparently know absolutely nothing regarding what I'm talking about after your stealing from my provider comment so I'm just going to disregard everything you said.

Jailbreaking is against Apple's TOU yet that coincidentally somehow didn't stop this forum from existing.

Also, you disagreeing with someone else's problem doesn't somehow invalidate it. I'm sure that common sense isn't common for everybody but you might want to keep a reference of that for the future.

Thanks.

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Pops up enough to warrant changing it. Also you apparently know absolutely nothing regarding what I'm talking about after your stealing from my provider comment so I'm just going to disregard everything you said.

Jailbreaking is against Apple's TOU yet that coincidentally somehow didn't stop this forum from existing.

Also, you disagreeing with someone else's problem doesn't somehow invalidate it. I'm sure that common sense isn't common for everybody but you might want to keep a reference of that for the future.

Thanks.

So in other words "You won't tell me what I want to hear, so you're a bad bad man, wahh wash wahhhhhhhh"

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I don't get it. When there's a carrier update it asks and if you dismiss the update, it doesn't keep popping up every 5 minutes or anything.

Regarding your comments about it crippling data speeds, I disagree. The data connection and speeds have been better now than ever before.

Hacking the carrier file violates your carrier's TOU, and is essentially stealing... (don't like that analogy? read your contract and AT&T TOU)

some carrier updates are mandatory, so you don't have the choice to dismiss the update

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.