Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elec999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
I purchased so many sticks none have worked. All were MAC Certified. Can anyone advice?

Fuith

macrumors member
May 5, 2011
Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Put them in the right way :D

Seriously though, I bought mine from Crucial for my late 2010 iMac, which worked fine. They can be a bit tricky to fit, so just make sure it's seated properly and don't force it.

elec999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
Put them in the right way :D

Seriously though, I bought mine from Crucial for my late 2010 iMac, which worked fine. They can be a bit tricky to fit, so just make sure it's seated properly and don't force it.

It is right way!

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
I purchased so many sticks none have worked. All were MAC Certified. Can anyone advice?
When you say that none have worked, what do you mean? Is the system not booting? Is it crashing shortly after? Is it simply not recognizing the RAM?

Are you fully replacing the RAM that came with your computer, or are you adding on to it?

Just a note, the whole "Mac compatible" thing is a marketing gimmick that companies use to increase their prices. There's no difference between "Mac compatible" RAM and standard RAM.

elec999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
When you say that none have worked, what do you mean? Is the system not booting? Is it crashing shortly after? Is it simply not recognizing the RAM?

Are you fully replacing the RAM that came with your computer, or are you adding on to it?

Just a note, the whole "Mac compatible" thing is a marketing gimmick that companies use to increase their prices. There's no difference between "Mac compatible" RAM and standard RAM.

It would boot then crash moments later
Is it because doesn't like 8gb sticks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.