Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Furrybeagle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Hi, I hope this is the right forum. My PowerBook 15" (early 2005) battery is nearing almost 500 cycles and I am thinking of getting a new battery for it. Although it still holds a considerable charge, I miss having an extra battery for extended use, and I'm a bit worried that this one will all of a sudden die and I will have nothing (since that happened three times on my old Dell).

Before I go out and buy one from Apple, I'm just curious if the PowerBook batteries available now are higher capacities than the one that originally came with my Mac. I remember that the October 2005 Powerbooks were quoted as having higher battery times due to higher capacity batteries, but the Apple store still sells just one battery for all the Aluminum PowerBooks, so I'm curious if they sell the low capacity one or the high capacity one or if there is was never even a high capacity battery in the first place and I've just gone crazy. :p

...Unless there is some third party battery I should buy instead of the Apple made one. Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.