Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lukas Paskauska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am new to iOs game development and just have released my my first game. It is called Surfer Alien and you can find it in the App store.

I would really appreciate everyone who would give it a try and would post a review so I could improve my skills and get some user insight about ones experience and my future projects may serve the audience better.

Thank you!

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am new to iOs game development and just have released my my first game. It is called Surfer Alien and you can find it in the App store.

I would really appreciate everyone who would give it a try and would post a review so I could improve my skills and get some user insight about ones experience and my future projects may serve the audience better.

Thank you!

You have a typo in your description, it's lose not loose its anti gravity....

Downloading it now

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Lucas, firstly congratulations for getting a game out. I've always wanted to do what you have achieved but never had the time to commit to it.

Here is some feedback, please don't feel I'm being too negative because I think what you've achieved in getting this to the apps store is to be congratulated.

OK, in no particular order....

You're jamming a 30 second video down my throat each time after I die. This is going to piss off a lot of people! You want them to enjoy playing your game, not drive them away.

It seems the only point to buy stars is to unlock aliens? What's the advantage of this? Just the aesthetics?

Music is super annoying. Lolz. Well done there.

The actual game-play itself, I understand the concept but I'm not sure if it's enough to keep people engaged for a long period of time. Imagine your alien is surfing a real wave and items are falling down from the top of the screen (or the side) and you want to dodge asteroids but catch stars. I know this type of game has been done to death but it might be more stimulating vs just a static screen.

Not sure if you need to have links to every social media application under the sun.

So in summary, given this is your first game. I would use it as a learning experience. Remove the focus on trying to make money and polish your game dynamics instead. Then wait for your next killer title before you start hitting us up for in app purchases.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.