Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Can anyone help? My yahoo account last updated on my iphone 6 plus at 9:53 this morning. I've deleted and reinstalled several times to no avail as well as doing a shutdown and restart of the iphone. It is working fine on my iPad.

Any suggestions? I downloaded another app for mail and it works fine on that app but I would rather have it on the regular iPhone mail app. Bugging the heck out of me that it won't uodate. I can send messages from it. Suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I tried a bunch of things and did a ton of searches with many others having the same issue. My husband has the same set up with carrier and yahoo mail on his iPhone and iPad with no issues.

My yahoo mail stopped updating this past weekend on both my devices. I hated to but downloaded their yahoo mail app just to get my mail. Hated to do it but didn't like going the desktop route either.

Hooray! this morning I could hear my individualized email notifications coming and coming. It was yahoo mail coming back into the regular mail app. Very nice to have it back where it should be. With the issue taking multiple days for a fix, I'm moving my accounts to gmail. I haven't had this problem with yahoo mail before, but from the Downdector site, many others have had the same issue multiple times in the last couple of years. Unacceptable for such a long wait for resolution.

uapz

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2015
I'm glad to hear that it started working for you. I have three accounts but only my main account stopped downloading emails. I've tried everything too and I hope it starts to work soon. Your post gave me hope. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.