Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
I'm thinking of switching back to my 5S. The 6 is just to big for me. The 5S looks like a much better built premium device imo

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I couldn't imagine switching back to a phone with such a tiny screen. If the screen size isn't an issue for you, then feel free to switch back!

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
Actually, I've been contemplating on getting a 5s for backup, but I also feel that it would be a waste because it would just be sitting there not being used.

Before I switched to Apple, my trial phone was the 5c. Man I loved that phone, even with the smaller gb space, but it only had 3G and in my city area under VZ, 4gLTE is everywhere, so I knew getting the 6 was a easy decision.

Plus I like the thumb sensor and the 4.7 screen size and the camera might I add.

Adhvaitv

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2015
Actually, I've been contemplating on getting a 5s for backup, but I also feel that it would be a waste because it would just be sitting there not being used.

Before I switched to Apple, my trial phone was the 5c. Man I loved that phone, even with the smaller gb space, but it only had 3G and in my city area under VZ, 4gLTE is everywhere, so I knew getting the 6 was a easy decision.

Plus I like the thumb sensor and the 4.7 screen size and the camera might I add.

6 is much better than 5s ..
Great battery backup .. Very good screen and of great size ... One cannot even think about going back to 5 after this ..unless u r a stubborn

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I couldn't imagine switching back to a phone with such a tiny screen. If the screen size isn't an issue for you, then feel free to switch back!

Ditto. 4 inch screens are like the Nintendo. A relic of the past for me. My 5s feels like a kid's toy.

blackhawk526

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2010
It's not really a downgrade, and actually is better in some usage scenarios (phone calls, iPod, gym use etc). Just make sure you get one with decent battery life. Battery life is the Achilles heel of pre-6 iPhones.

TMacGuy

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2015
I use my iPhone 4S as an iPod. (64gb).

However I do have a brand new iPhone 5S 32gb sitting in a box. I should sell it or something.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I'm thinking of switching back to my 5S. The 6 is just to big for me. The 5S looks like a much better built premium device imo

Having compared the 6 to the 5S side-by-side, I think the 5S display might seem a bit crummy after using the 6.

The 6's LCD had much better color and viewing angles IMO. It made the display on my 5 look like an antique.

TMacGuy

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2015
Having compared the 6 to the 5S side-by-side, I think the 5S display might seem a bit crummy after using the 6.

The 6's LCD had much better color and viewing angles IMO. It made the display on my 5 look like an antique.

I remember thinking this with my 4S and iPhone 5 side by side when the 5 came out.

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
I had the six and six plus. Bought a new 5s from the Apple Store the other day. No regrets. I love this form factor and the boxy design. Screen is just smaller, density is the same. Lightning quick and similar battery life like six.

I have learned that I don't want anything bigger than the 5 series. I don't game. I don't post on Instagram all day. I text. Google map. Wiki. YouTube all on the go and on couch. I highly value lightness and mobility in hand.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I keep a 5S for vacation and honestly I miss the 6. The camera is also better on the 6 which is something I use a lot while away.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I still have my iPhone 5S. The screen is too small! I can't go back to using it. My 4.7" iPhone 6 is the perfect size (for me).

ryankul

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2014
Michigan
Had a 6+ but found it to be too big. Especially once it was in a case. Even a slim case it was pretty big for pockets. Super hard if I was sitting down to get out/in. Switched to a 6 and size was better although not perfect. Had issues with dark spots on the lcd on two units.. Short stint with Android but missed iOS and all my apps and purchases. Bought a new 5S couple weeks back and have been super happy. Using a Otterbox Symmetry case and it's still pocket friendly.

Hoping the 6S or 7 either has small bezels so the device is physically smaller or Apple makes a smaller screened version. Obviously most is just my personal preference on size. Others think I'm crazy lol. (4" phone screen is so tiny etc)

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
I went back for $$$ reasons. You can get a used 5s for half of what a 6 costs new. The 6's design is pretty bad imo. That camera bump is just annoying, and the antenna lines are straight fugly. I'm hoping the 7 fixes the design flaws.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I did. I can't one-hand the 6 very well and the 5s was more portable overall. I'm keeping the 6 because my partner inherited my 5s and is happy with it. At least the battery life is better.

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
On the 5s right now. Picked it up today from fedex. Love it and I will test drive it on the trial period. Felt weird putting my 6 up in the box. Loving the size but I wonder if I will miss the voice over data. Comes in handy at times when u need to surf and talk. I admit, I can actually go case less with this phone. Form factor is sweet.

Jason Lewis

Suspended
Apr 8, 2015
iPhone 6

I prefer more iPhone 6, iPhone 5S is a little bit small. And I think 6 looks more beautiful than the 5S:D

TheHungarianGuy

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2013
I also consider switching to the 5S as well.

I have the 6 since december but still not confident with the size and there are to many cons for me personally. For example: I have enough space in my running gear for the iPhone 5, but not for my iPhone 6, so I bought a cheap armband and later on a more expensive one because the cheap one was uncomfortable while running ... unfortunately, the expensive armband doesn't help.

Due to the size I also always "feel" the phone. Kind of sounds stupid, but with the 5 I could sit down or walk stairs and felt nothing but now every time I sit down I have to take the 6 out of my pocket.

The 5 felt like a companion who was there if I needed it but the 6 fells like reminding me all the time "hey, HEY ... I'm in your pocket!" ... oh an no, I don't have skinny jeans ;)

Additionally, the 6 still feels very slippery in my hands and putting a case on which actually protects it, multiplies the cons.

So all in all I think it also depends on how you use the phone but for my use-cases the 6 doesn't fit.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Due to the size I also always "feel" the phone. Kind of sounds stupid, but with the 5 I could sit down or walk stairs and felt nothing but now every time I sit down I have to take the 6 out of my pocket.

The 5 felt like a companion who was there if I needed it but the 6 fells like reminding me all the time "hey, HEY ... I'm in your pocket!" ... oh an no, I don't have skinny jeans ;)

I have to agree with you here. Ever since I purchased my 6, I've always "felt" it whether its in my jeans pocket or sweatpants pocket. I know it's always there. With my 5c, I can put it in my pocket and forget about it.

I'm debating myself whether I should sell my 6 and 5c (back-up phone) for a 5s.

Don.Draper

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2013
Loving the size but I wonder if I will miss the voice over data. Comes in handy at times when u need to surf and talk. I admit, I can actually go case less with this phone. Form factor is sweet.

Pretty sure my 5S on T-Mobile does voice over data....it def sounds like it anyway. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.