Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With just under a month until the April 24 launch date of the Apple Watch, internationally renowned Nanoblock artist Christopher Tan has re-created the Apple Watch in block form in anticipation of the wearable's release next month.

IMG_2940-800x800.jpg
As Tan notes, the sculpture is a 2.6x scale model of the 42mm Apple Watch created from over 800 pieces of Nanoblock, which is a popular building block product in Japan, akin to LEGO. Tan says he's "been a long-time Apple fan" and is "eagerly anticipating the Apple Watch."

IMG_2945-800x800.jpg
Tan has been creating Apple-related Nanoblock structures for a while now, last year debuting a 2,000-piece structure of the Fifth Avenue Apple Store, complete with the iconic glass cube entrance and descending spiral staircase. Tan's creations have earned him spreads in magazines and even award recognition in the Nanoblock company's own spotlight of the best creations and creators using the product.

Check out the rest of Tan's Nanoblock creations on his blog.

Article Link: Apple Watch Recreated in 800-Brick Nanoblock Sculpture

obiwan

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2004
Yep please correct the typo. It is LEGO and never referred to as LEGOs!! Ever.

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana
LEGO, duh

As a person with two toy chests full of childhood LEGO in my parent's house I am embarrassed of this mighty transgression, which I've promptly fixed. May the man upstairs forgive me one day.

(Seriously though, thanks to everyone who pointed it out. Have a good day, everybody!)

obiwan

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2004
As a person with two toy chests full of childhood LEGO in my parent's house I am embarrassed of this mighty transgression, which I've promptly fixed. May the man upstairs forgive me one day.

(Seriously though, thanks to everyone who pointed it out. Have a good day, everybody!)

Now that we've got that sorted, I'd say this watch looks rather big!! I like the side-by-side comparison with the iPhone, so you can get an idea of the scale of this thing. I hope the real thing is a little smaller...

maramok

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2015
New Jersey
Lets stop the hate.

I grew up with LEGO. I have a huge bucket of them that i plan on giving my son in a year or two.

That said look at the size of these bricks. They are tiny. Much smaller the LEGO. Does LEGO make a version of their bricks that is this small?

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
It's been a long time since I played with LEGO blocks. So long that I missed when it became an art form. :D

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
LEGOs? You mean LEGO, surely?
Ninja edit: Too late, already corrected in the comment above :)

Technically it's just Lego. Though the word is derived from the Danish phrase "leg godt" ("play well"),and is commonly stylized in all caps, it's not a true acronym.

ellasmith

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2015
Dallas
Apple as of late discharged another redesign on its working framework (iOS form 8.2); on the off chance that you introduce that upgrade, you will discover another application called "Apple watch" included to your telephone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.