Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gaogier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Hello

I woke up this morning to find that my mac book pro (mid 2009) screen had broken, with the left hand side slightly not aligned - I thought that the cable could of been damaged.

I removed the screws on the bottom of my macbook pro, and where the cable is (now on right hand side) - the one with the longer screw, I undone the funny shaped screws and realigned the screen so it is now square, I retightened the screws holding it in place and my macbook pro screen is now working as if new.

I am wondering that is that cable called so I can replace it if needed? Should i replace the bracket holding everything also?

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hello

I woke up this morning to find that my mac book pro (mid 2009) screen had broken, with the left hand side slightly not aligned - I thought that the cable could of been damaged.

I removed the screws on the bottom of my macbook pro, and where the cable is (now on right hand side) - the one with the longer screw, I undone the funny shaped screws and realigned the screen so it is now square, I retightened the screws holding it in place and my macbook pro screen is now working as if new.

I am wondering that is that cable called so I can replace it if needed? Should i replace the bracket holding everything also?

The cable is called the LVDS.

ifixit.com sells it I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.