Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aodesigns

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2015
I use the Mujjo 13" sleeve and I love it :)

http://www.mujjo.com/13-inch-macbook-air-and-pro-retina-sleeve-tan

bmclaurin

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Great suggestions so far. I'd also submit the Incase Icon sleeve, which I have been using for a few weeks now. Here are a few of my own observations about this sleeve:

• Well made, good build quality
  • Fits the 13" MBPr like a glove, almost literally (which is generally a good thing, but it can be a bit difficult to remove the MBPr from the sleeve at first until it breaks in a bit)
  • Provides very good protection for a sleeve, a lot of which is owing to a rubber ring that runs around the perimeter of the sleeve (which, unfortunately also adds a good ~1.5 inches to the width of the MBPr)
  • Vertically oriented, meaning it loads from the short side of the MBPr (which could be advantageous if you're carrying it in a backpack or other vertically oriented bag, but could be cumbersome if you're carrying it in a briefcase or other horizontally oriented bag)
  • Expensive (~$70 at the Apple Store)

If you plan to tote your MBPr in a backpack that doesn't have a dedicated laptop compartment (or one that is oversized for a 13" laptop where it tends to flop around a bit during transport), then I think this is an excellent sleeve for that purpose.

EDIT: Perhaps you have seen the sticky thread at the top of this forum that is dedicated to this question? Admittedly, it is over 2,800 posts long at this point, so it's kinda hard to wade through all of it.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1391592/

Last edited:

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012

redneck6497

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Thanks for all of the replies. The incase Icon seems like a really nice, protective sleeve. I forgot I bought my dad a cheap vinyl 13" sleeve from Amazon (looks like an envelope). He wasn't using it so ....
Her it is:
http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-synthe...-1-catcorr&keywords=13"+laptop+envelope+cosmo

Until my bank account recovers from purchasing the machine I'll probably use that one. When I can, I will probably get the incase Icon.

dubhe

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
I managed to pick up a Herschel Anchor Sleeve for £5 on eBay (it is only very slightly used). Although I bought it on price, I am pleasantly surprised with the brand and consider it worthy of its normal £30 retail price.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Thanks for all of the replies. The incase Icon seems like a really nice, protective sleeve. I forgot I bought my dad a cheap vinyl 13" sleeve from Amazon (looks like an envelope). He wasn't using it so ....
Her it is:
http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-synthe...-1-catcorr&keywords=13"+laptop+envelope+cosmo

Until my bank account recovers from purchasing the machine I'll probably use that one. When I can, I will probably get the incase Icon.

It says for MacBook Air only. So is your 13" rMBP fitting in there alright?

redneck6497

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009

Im not 100% sure that's the exact model (b/c I just did a simple search on Amazon ... although I originally purchased it there). However, it was for my dad's MBA 13" ... so I'm going to say yes. Plus, if anything it fits on the large side.

----------

Crumpler sleeves are my favorite for laptops, iPads etc.

http://www.crumpler.com/au/shop-by-device

Interesting ... Crumpler has the 13" neoprene pretty cheap. I have used their photography stuff before.

redneck6497

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
I own one of these and it works great.

Can't argue with that price

----------

That one looks nice

----------

7fa4d302ad292dfdcfd88766b3e6fb21.jpg

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
The joli looks great, but it's pricey!

It's actually not bad for a quality leather case. Some of the other sleeves are neoprene and will cost you $40-60. The leather one will last a long time. Likely outlast the computer. Also now is the time to buy as the dollar to Euro rate is fantastic.

efib

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
What do you guys think of hardgraft sleeves? I think that they are beautiful and classy, pricey of course , but the zip is the thing that puts me off buying it, it may scratch the Mac and I want a case to protect it from scratches. Any thoughts ?

freeman1899

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
What do you guys think of hardgraft sleeves? I think that they are beautiful and classy, pricey of course , but the zip is the thing that puts me off buying it, it may scratch the Mac and I want a case to protect it from scratches. Any thoughts ?

I really like their products too and own some of them. The Zip that's used for the laptop selves is made of plastic and will not leave scratches on a MacBook.

efib

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
I really like their products too and own some of them. The Zip that's used for the laptop selves is made of plastic and will not leave scratches on a MacBook.

Sounds awesome! Can you post some pictures ? :D

Efi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.