Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gumpee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2015
I have an iPhone 5 running 8.2. I was sitting at work the other day when my phone randomly disconnected itself from the network. When I tried to reconnect to the network it would tell me that it was "Unable to connect". I tried to connect again and it said the same thing. Here is what I have done:

1. Forget the network. - tried to connect afterwards and it is still unable to connect.
2. Reset Network Settings - Now when I try to connect it says that our network is an enterprise network and it wants to know a username and password. Our network is NOT an enterprise network. Other people can connect to this network with no problems.
3. Factory reset my phone. - Same problem upon restore.
4. I reset the router, modem, and all things pertaining to the internet. Everyone else can still login with no problem as mine says unable to connect.
5. I have clicked "other" and typed in the network name and password. I get the "unable to connect" box again.

Nothing that I seem to do helps. I dont know why my phone thinks that this is a enterprise network. I am beyond confused.

My iPhone works on all other networks that I try to connect to. It is just this one network and no one else has problems. I have tried every combination on YouTube, forums, etc... I cant find anyone else who has the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.