Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Hi, I'm looking for an email app that can silence all email alerts with exception to certain emails. These emails could be from specific senders or contain specific subject keywords.

Basically an issue occurred today at work and I missed it, but all of my android co-workers have their android phones configured this way so they were able to respond to the issue much faster than I could.

Does anyone know of an e-mail app that can do this? I've searched google and I couldn't find any e-mail app that stated it specifically did this.

Thank you!

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Google's Inbox by Gmail app can do this. You can add contacts and emails to "Bundles" and configure which Bundles you receive notifications for.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
You can also do this with the iOS Mail client by marking certain contacts as VIPs. You can configure notifications for VIPs separately from the rest of your account.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
You can also do this with the iOS Mail client by marking certain contacts as VIPs. You can configure notifications for VIPs separately from the rest of your account.

Thanks for the reply, for certain contacts this could work, do you know if there's a way to flag for certain words in the subject line?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for the reply, for certain contacts this could work, do you know if there's a way to flag for certain words in the subject line?

The built in iOS VIP feature for mail only works for contacts. For anything else you would need to use something else. You might look into a service like Boxcar to see if that might be able to help you set some filters and notify you based on that (would likely require forwarding of some email though). Similarly IFTTT (or IF as it goes by these days) could likely provide something like that.

Other than that, the email system you are using can have various filter/rules that you can set up which in turn could then perhaps send you a text or forward an email that matches somewhere else that you can set up to notify you quicker perhaps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.