Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its dedicated Apple Watch website with a brand new "Guided Tours" section that includes several Apple Watch walkthrough videos. The introductory video on the site, entitled "Welcome to Apple Watch," walks users through all of the things the Apple Watch can do. Apple Watch Guided Tours are also being featured on the main Apple site.

The site includes dedicated videos on various Apple Watch features, like Messages, Faces, and Digital Touch. Other video walkthroughs on features like Phone Calls, Siri, Maps, Music, Apple Pay, and more, are labeled as "Coming soon," and may be added over the next few days.

"Digital Touch" goes through sending sketches, taps, and heartbeats to contacts. Touching the side button of the Apple Watch gives you access to your friends list, where you can make a call, send a message, or send a Digital Touch. With Digital Touch, you can send a quick sketch, tap to send a tap to a friend, or hold two fingers on the screen to send a heartbeat.

These videos are also referenced within other areas of the Apple Watch site, with the Messages, for example, available in built-in apps section, and the Digital Touch video available in the "New Ways to Connect" section.

Today's walkthrough videos from Apple come a week ahead of Apple Watch pre-orders, which are set to begin on Friday, April 10 at 12:01 AM PT. April 10 will also mark the date when Apple begins offering in-store try-on sessions, giving customers the opportunity to test the Apple Watch out before its April 24 launch.

Update 6PM PT: Apple's added the Guided Tour videos to its YouTube channel.

Article Link: Apple Adds New 'Guided Tours' Page to Apple Watch Site

PhiLLoW

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2014
Which size is the one in the introduction video? ( the guy with the leather jacket )

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Oh fun, because I've been giving them a guided tour of my bank account for years now.

At least it's guided?

------

I was actually more excited by the Watch than the 6 and 6 plus at the September keynote. I still bought an iPhone 6, but the Apple Watch is what I've been waiting for the past 7 months. I'm sure I'll be taking a look through this new material at least a couple of times between now and the 24th. It's going to be a weird experience knowing so much about a totally new product the moment I take it out of the box. I've felt that way regarding new iOS/iPhone features for the past few iterations too.

j.moreno271

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2013
haha, I find it funny and weird at the same time hearing voice overs of people OTHER than Johnny. Kinda threw me off a bit :p

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Watching the "Faces" walkthrough I just had an ephiphany (maybe I'm just slow). The reason Apple has been so stingy about being able to customize the lock screen on the iPhone is because they wanted to push people towards the Apple Watch!

markgpearse

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
Mickey

I want the Mickey Mouse one just like in the tv ad that has him dancing on the watch screen!

mateytate

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2014
Never before have I been so eager to hand over cash for a piece of tech! Can't wait!

Totalkharnage

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Halifax UK
I remember watching the ones for the original iPhone over and over again and it's what sold me on buying one.

These are really well done and make sense given its a totally new UI.

Unfortunately, it probably means many more people trying to order a space grey Sport model on 10th so glad I'm getting the Stainless Steel. Lol

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Much more interested in the 24th....after pre-ordering it becomes even more frustrating :D

Are you picking up the rMB on the 10th? I plan to order online and arrange for personal pick up. While I'm there, I'll test out the Watch for a bit.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Are you picking up the rMB on the 10th? I plan to order online and arrange for personal pick up. While I'm there, I'll test out the Watch for a bit.

Nope as I have a late 2014 rMBP, although I was tempted for portability purposes I just can't justify the cost....nice as it would be :)

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Super excited!! I remember watching all of these when the original iphone came out. Lol.

Can't wait for the 10th! I hope the let me pre-order two stainless steels!!!

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Very excited!

It's nice to see the watch in its natural form rather than renders. Looks real nice!

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Funny..... There's 7 more videos not released. I could see them releasing one a day until the 10th,if they started tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.