Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Mar 12, 2006, 07:33 AM   #1
Diddiyo
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to Diddiyo
ibook/macbook for an exchange year?

first of all: hello everyone

i will be going to the usa for an exchange year in august 06. therefore i want to sell my current pc (which i bought in october 05...) and buy a notebook. i've never been really interested in macs as i am more or less a gamer. but i think that's about to change, at least for the next 12 months

But due to the fact i want a notebook which
a) has a long battery lifetime
b) doesn't crash every now and then and i might lose all my photos/videos i will take during my exchange year
c) i can take to classes on college
i am considering buying an ibook/macbook.

Of course I will wait for the new ibook/macbook to be released and see what i can afford.

My question is:
If i'm going to buy an ibook/macbook over here in germany, will i experience any difficulties regarding different electricity voltages between germany/usa? Like if the battery won't have as a long lifetimes as it would have with german electricity/voltage? Remember that it's a full year i will run the notebook on a different voltage, not just like a week or two.

Or the other way around:
I also considered buying an ibook/macbook in the usa because the euro is a bit higher than the dollar (and it hopefully won't change until august. ) so i might safe a hundred euros or so. but again: what about the different voltages?

I'm looking forward to your replies

greetings
Diddiyo
Diddiyo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:03 AM   #2
blue_monkey
macrumors member

ich hab mein ibook auch in den USA gekauft und es funktioniert hier in deutschland ohne probleme!
blue_monkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Mr MacBlue
macrumors newbie

I don't think it should be a problem whether you use your iBook or MacBook in the States or in Germany. Apple offers all sorts of adapters for their product which can be used for the white power brick (for iBook and iPod the same adapter. The link is
http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje....8.25.7.11.0.3
Mr MacBlue is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs