Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2014
here is what happened:

1. I was using Windows 8 installed via Boot Camp on Macbook Air when the laptop shuts down because the battery is complete dry ...

2. Now when I choose to enter bootcamp windows during startup, the Win8 logo will freeze like forever without any indication of moving forward, not even displaying the progress indicator of looping dots at all. (nevertheless, the Mac OS startup is intact, thank goodness...)

May I ask how to solve this problem? Should I reinstall Windows8?

Thanks!

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
here is what happened:

1. I was using Windows 8 installed via Boot Camp on Macbook Air when the laptop shuts down because the battery is complete dry ...

2. Now when I choose to enter bootcamp windows during startup, the Win8 logo will freeze like forever without any indication of moving forward, not even displaying the progress indicator of looping dots at all. (nevertheless, the Mac OS startup is intact, thank goodness...)

May I ask how to solve this problem? Should I reinstall Windows8?

Thanks!

let it finish. It will error out or you can blow the partition away and start over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.