Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djamish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
I want to get the new Macbook on the 10th but trying to figure out if best buy will have it so I can use the movers coupon.

I called my store and the CSR had no idea a new model was coming out so I was wondering if anyone here knows.

Thanks!

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I don't think anyone here knows, and if they do they probably can't say. :eek: My plan is to go to a mall that has an Apple Store and a Best Buy and see what's available at both. Other than that, Best Buy will probably update their online catalog on the 10th so you may be able to figure out whether any local BB stores have have the rMB in stock.

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
You have to give them the model number or talk to an Apple rep in store if they have one as BB employees are usually clueless about new MacBook releases. We have an Apple rep I have known for years at the BB I go to, they will have it on the 10th.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
You have to give them the model number or talk to an Apple rep in store if they have one as BB employees are usually clueless about new MacBook releases. We have an Apple rep I have known for years at the BB I go to, they will have it on the 10th.

Great report - thank you. (I think it would have been surprising if Best Buy didn't get them on the 10th, but I can think of several reasons I wouldn't have taken that for granted.)

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
Great report - thank you. (I think it would have been surprising if Best Buy didn't get them on the 10th, but I can think of several reasons I wouldn't have taken that for granted.)

Well, the BB I go to will have them. I don't know about all the other ones though.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Well, the BB I go to will have them. I don't know about all the other ones though.

Fair enough. My plan is still what it is. The puzzler will be what to do if the BB has a 1.1/256 and takes the 10% coupon, and the Apple Store in the same location has a 1.3/256 CTO in stock. I would be lucky to have the choice... ;)

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
Fair enough. My plan is still what it is. The puzzler will be what to do if the BB has a 1.1/256 and takes the 10% coupon, and the Apple Store in the same location has a 1.3/256 CTO in stock. I would be lucky to have the choice... ;)

The Apple store carries those? I thought the 1.3 was BTO only?

djamish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
thanks for the replies everyone!

What is the price point looking like for the 1.3/256?

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
thanks for the replies everyone!

What is the price point looking like for the 1.3/256?

No one will know until Friday. Guesses are $100, $150 and $200.

----------

The Apple store carries those? I thought the 1.3 was BTO only?

With previous models, Apple has shipped some CTO configurations to the retail stores. I don't know if they will do that this time, and if they do I don't know whether the color(s) they ship will match my preferences. Lots of unknowns here.

djamish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
Anyone questioning whether or not the Mover's Coupon is valid for the new MacBook - I went to my Post Office and got a coupon. It directs you to this site for details on what's excluded:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/regular...-2/pcmcat329800050017.c?id=pcmcat329800050017

Apple accessories are excluded (weird) but Apple products are NOT. Any issues at a store, just show them that.

A lot of people have been able to use them on the Air and Pro so i'm assuming its valid for the macbook

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj
A lot of people have been able to use them on the Air and Pro so i'm assuming its valid for the macbook

Well, yes. I've seen some "back and worth" on here in regards to it. Many so "no issue" but some say they are told no. My point was for those that are told "no", instead of saying "well I heard it applies" (general statement anyone can say) - show them that page. They can't really argue it.

blackoutRF

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Nomad
Anyone questioning whether or not the Mover's Coupon is valid for the new MacBook - I went to my Post Office and got a coupon. It directs you to this site for details on what's excluded:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/regular...-2/pcmcat329800050017.c?id=pcmcat329800050017

Apple accessories are excluded (weird) but Apple products are NOT. Any issues at a store, just show them that.

Except it clearly states this one the first line (which applies to Apple products): Excludes Unilateral Minimum Resale Price (UMRP) products

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Except it clearly states this one the first line (which applies to Apple products): Excludes Unilateral Minimum Resale Price (UMRP) products

Agreed. In the bay area here none of the stores will take it for this reasons, but I've heard of many in middle-America saying their stores do....

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
If it works, it works...if not, not... ;) I'd like to say "what are you going to do, sue them?" but I've read posts that come very close to that. :rolleyes:

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
Here's to hoping they do. My plan is to use this coupon as well. I tried the coupon online on the updated rMBP and it worked so should work for the rMP as well.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
If it works, it works...if not, not... ;) I'd like to say "what are you going to do, sue them?" but I've read posts that come very close to that. :rolleyes:

Yeah, people feel entitled to force their interpretations on the coupons, or try to strong-arm companies into promotions offered. A company has the right to refuse service to anyone. If Best Buy says you can't use it, you can't. Best Buy is like AT&T though, if you get a bad rep, hang up, and call back and you'll likely get a different answer. Same with Best Buy, I'm sure if one store won't let you use the coupon, if you drive to the next store they just might... but then it comes down to how much is your time\effort worth.

vanimal

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Spoke to the guy today back in the small Apple Store area. He said hopefully he's not sure if a Apple representative will be there to have one on display. So you might have to buy blind. I don't see how they don't know, being they would have them in the back by now I would think? These aren't like the iPhone to keep on the hush due to high demand. Who knows maybe the Apple guy will drop them off there that morning.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
Yeah, people feel entitled to force their interpretations on the coupons, or try to strong-arm companies into promotions offered. A company has the right to refuse service to anyone. If Best Buy says you can't use it, you can't. Best Buy is like AT&T though, if you get a bad rep, hang up, and call back and you'll likely get a different answer. Same with Best Buy, I'm sure if one store won't let you use the coupon, if you drive to the next store they just might... but then it comes down to how much is your time\effort worth.

Ive got two BBs right near each other. I'll try one, but not sure if I'll try another.

Depends on my thrift/lazy ratio for that day is.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Ive got two BBs right near each other. I'll try one, but not sure if I'll try another.

Depends on my thrift/lazy ratio for that day is.

Yeah, can't hurt to try, all they can do is say no.

----------

Spoke to the guy today back in the small Apple Store area. He said hopefully he's not sure if a Apple representative will be there to have one on display. So you might have to buy blind. I don't see how they don't know, being they would have them in the back by now I would think? These aren't like the iPhone to keep on the hush due to high demand. Who knows maybe the Apple guy will drop them off there that morning.:rolleyes:

That's what I've said in other threads. Apple stores don't know. They find out when their local courier (not Fedex\UPS) drop them off and they open the boxes. It's not like existing SKUs where they know what and how many are coming in days in advance. Best buy usually drop ships them the day before to the stores, with DO NOT OPEN until stickers on them... but they usually don't get stuff till a few days later anyhow.

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj

Who says Apple products are? I see them on sale all the time. Even the new Airs and new rMBP have already been on sale, I believe. When I got the first rMBP a few years ago - it was on sale at somewhere else immediately, and Best Buy matched it.

And I'm not even saying they aren't - I admittedly like to argue the fact. I had never even heard of "UMRP" before. If MacBooks don't qualify, they should be listed with the other 25 products that don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.