Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I content with the current style. And I rather dislike the new one, which is more what OP desires.

Oh well!

Gosh, yes, agreed.

In general, I like a clear, uncluttered space on a computer screen, one which is easily and clearly legible.

That means that I am not in favour of uber-fancy screens, or the provision of 'bells and whistles' merely because one can supply them, or can offer them.

For the record, I don't think that MR is 'ugly'. I think it is plain, which is a different matter.

While it might be more attractively designed, what matters more to me as someone who wears glasses and dislikes screen clutter, is that it is legible and clear and easily navigated, and the site, as currently constructed meets that need admirably.

sk24iam

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
Might be ugly but it works pretty well. I would think major UI changes to such a large community may require quite a bit of resources. A lot of people say the same thing about Reddit.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
In general, I like a clear, uncluttered space on a computer screen, one which is easily and clearly legible.

That means that I am not in favour of uber-fancy screens, or the provision of 'bells and whistles' merely because one can supply them, or can offer them.

For the record, I don't think that MR is 'ugly'. I think it is plain, which is a different matter.

While it might be more attractively designed, what matters more to me as someone who wears glasses and dislikes screen clutter, is that it is legible and clear and easily navigated, and the site, as currently constructed meets that need admirably.
I completely agree. I'm more interested in the content and usability, and definitely not obsessed with how "pretty" it is or isn't.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Clean, clear, I like it. It's not bloated. Yes, it's nothing special, but it's so much better than many other sites out there. The color combination is pleasant as well.

Good luck with the move to the new software MR administrators!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.