Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
I've seen a few posts on here containing letters from Tim Cook to employees, mentioning that there will be '...more info on "AppleWeb"'. What is it? Google returns nothing, however takes you to: appleweb.apple.com which has a message saying:

"Welcome.

If you are accessing AppleWeb during non-work hours or outside the Apple network, you acknowledge and agree that you are choosing to view AppleWeb voluntarily and for purposes unrelated to your job duties."

I'm assuming it's something to do with a message board from employees?

Anyone know?

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I've seen a few posts on here containing letters from Tim Cook to employees, mentioning that there will be '...more info on "AppleWeb"'. What is it? Google returns nothing, however takes you to: appleweb.apple.com which has a message saying:

Lots of companies have internal-only websites for employees. Almost certainly it's just that - an internal employee-information website.

At the company I work for, we call it "mainstreet" - mainstreet.<ourdomain>.com only works from inside the network, not the public internet. Pretty standard. No way of knowing exactly what it has without having an Apple employee chime in - but based on similar internal sites at companies I've worked for, it probably has internal news, message boards, wikis for employees, probably departmental pages that are restricted to department employees only, probably an employee store, etc.

AppleFan22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Lots of companies have internal-only websites for employees. Almost certainly it's just that - an internal employee-information website.

At the company I work for, we call it "mainstreet" - mainstreet.<ourdomain>.com only works from inside the network, not the public internet. Pretty standard. No way of knowing exactly what it has without having an Apple employee chime in - but based on similar internal sites at companies I've worked for, it probably has internal news, message boards, wikis for employees, probably departmental pages that are restricted to department employees only, probably an employee store, etc.

It does have an "AppleConnect" login, I tried using my Apple ID to see what would happen, and it asked me to update my password as it had "expired". Naturally I went straight to appleid.apple.com and checked my security status, and updated a few things, but password was still in check.

I reckon you're probably right, but this is a world wide thing - I can get onto it from home - so maybe it's like Apple's version of Facebook or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.