Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merkhet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Washington, DC
AFAIK, the Photos app has uploaded all my photos to the iCloud Photo repository overnight.

However, there are photos that are currently in my Photos app on my MacBook Air that are not reflected on my iPad and my iPhone.

Anyone have an idea as to what's going on here?

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2014
Might want to give it time, I notices the uploading of photo seemed to grind to a stop, only to suddenly appear.

There is a lot of use right now.

jimmyz80

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Apex, NC
I have the same problem and it's really making me hate the new setup. Some of my albums sync to my mobile devices but show up with zero photos in them, and others show up with only a portion of the photos. According to the Photos app on my Mac, everything has been uploaded but clearly this is not the case.

Thanks again for buggy software Apple. :/

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
I suspect the issue is that there are literally millions of people enabling iCloud photo library at the moment as they upgrade to 10.10.3 and start using Photos, so the servers are getting hammered. This is likely the reason for most of the issues people are seeing (slow uploads etc.). I'd give it a few days and see if it sorts itself out.

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2014
Im getting a lot of double and triple copies on mine and my families photo streams.

jimmyz80

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Apex, NC
Im getting a lot of double and triple copies on mine and my families photo streams.

It's honestly pretty impressive how horribly this feature works. It seems like they intentionally wrote the code to do anything and everything that you WOULDN'T want it to do! :)

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2014
I noticed I have a bunch of doubles, one is a copy of the photo on my phone, the other is a copy of the thumb nail in the cloud.

Deleting either deletes it from the stream, what to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.