Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Torontosoconfus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
I was watching Netflix (of course) and the screen froze. Then the sound froze. I couldn't force quit to i powered off. When I restarted, everything opened fine, then after a few seconds the beachball came up. It won't let me click on anything, I can't do any keyboard commands. I tried closing lid and opening, didn't help. Since I can't restart due to not being able to click anything, I have powered off then on many times. Always it loads perfectly normal to the desktop home page, but then the beachball comes back. I can move the mouse around not can't click anything. Help?!

Torontosoconfus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
The PRAM reset didn't work (I thought it had, but it only took a few seconds longer for the beachball to come back).

I tried the hard drive utility check from a previous forum and it came back with no errors.

Thanks so much for your suggestions so far! Any other suggestions?!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
What OS version are you on? If Lion or newer, try holding command+r at boot to get to recovery and from there use Disk Utility to verify the disk. Does that show any errors?

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
The PRAM reset didn't work (I thought it had, but it only took a few seconds longer for the beachball to come back).

I tried the hard drive utility check from a previous forum and it came back with no errors.

Thanks so much for your suggestions so far! Any other suggestions?!

Try:
  • Repair Permissions from Disk Utility and reboot.
  • Create a new user, reboot, login into the new user. Does the issue still happen in the new user account?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.