Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch pre-orders began at 12:01 AM Pacific Time in first wave launch countries, and models available for delivery on April 24 quickly sold out. Apple Store shipping estimates for new orders of the Apple Watch have slipped to 4 to 6 weeks for many models that were originally listed with 4/24 to 5/8 shipping dates.

Some Apple Watch models started out with 4 to 6 week delivery estimates, including the stainless steel Apple Watches with Modern Buckle and Leather Loop bands. Stainless steel Apple Watch models with Link Bracelets had a June delivery date at launch, while Apple Watch Edition models listed May delivery dates.

shippingtimemilaneseloop-800x419.jpg
This is a running list of shipping times in U.S. Refresh for latest estimates:

- Apple Watch Sport White 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport White 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Blue 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Blue 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Green 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Green 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Pink 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Pink 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Space Gray 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Space Gray 42mm: June
- Apple Watch with Sport Band: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Classic Buckle 38mm: Delivers 4/24 to 5/8
- Apple Watch with Classic Buckle 42mm: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Milanese Loop: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Leather Loop: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Brown): 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Black): 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Soft Pink): June
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Blue): June
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Stainless Steel: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Space Gray 38mm: June
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Space Gray 42mm: July
- Apple Watch Edition Rose Gold: July
- Apple Watch Edition Yellow Gold: June

Just hours ahead of Apple Watch pre-orders, Apple made the unprecedented move of announcing restricted supplies. In a press release, Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts warned potential customers that Apple expects "strong customer demand" to "exceed our supply at launch."

Because supplies are limited, all Apple Watch orders must be placed online. Apple does not plan to accept walk-in orders of the Apple Watch in the early weeks after launch, so customers planning to purchase a watch should order as soon as possible.

Wait times will only grow longer as people attend try-on appointments in retail stores and place pre-orders. Try-on appointments begin today, giving customers a chance to test and wear the Apple Watch ahead of its April 24 launch. Customers who already placed early orders for the Apple Watch will see April 24 delivery dates for some models, while customers who order today will need to wait several weeks to get their new Apple Watch devices.

Try-on appointments can be scheduled through Apple's concierge service, both online and in the Apple Store app. The try-on appointment system is currently experiencing difficulties and may be down for some users.

Article Link: Apple Watch Pre-Order Shipping Estimates Slipping Rapidly to 4-6 Weeks or Later

Appleturnover

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
From Canada, I ordered my 42mm Space Grey Apple Watch Sport from the Apple Store App within a minute. Got a confirmation email 2 mins later and deliver date April 24 - May 5! :)

Edit: Here's a picture of that glorious email ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

d0minick

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
42mm space grey in june. Oh well. What i get for waiting to do it at 4am at the gym. may cancel depending on user reviews btwn then.

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Have a 1:00PM and 2:00PM Edition appt today. Will most likely order the 18K YG w/ midnight blue classic buckle.

August delivery date?

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Android Wear - 720,000 estimated in 2014
Apple Watch - 720,000+ in one day.

#########

djepsilon

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
Calgary, AB
Weird. I ordered a 42mm space gray with link bracelet in Canada and it says delivers May 19, not June. Guess I got lucky?

On another note, has anyone in Canada managed to book a try on appointment? How do you do it?

leepalisoc

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Weird. I ordered a 42mm space gray with link bracelet in Canada and it says delivers May 19, not June. Guess I got lucky?

On another note, has anyone in Canada managed to book a try on appointment? How do you do it?

Just keep on selecting the time that you want but won't get to a confirmation page. I received an email out of nowhere, I thought my booking didn't go through so I gave up.

Slo0tPatrol

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2015
I got the 42mm Space Gray Sport at 2:03 CT (12:03 PT) and had a 4-6 week wait. Crazy. The white one had a 4/24 one for awhile. Surprising how quick it went

Cubeeless

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2012
Got the 42mm Milanese at 3:02 AM EST with 4/24-5/8 delivery estimate. It's better be 4/24. So excited.

Sirobin

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2008
California
I kept thinking I was being ridiculous by planning to order it on the stroke of midnight, since, unlike iPhones, there would be no way a watch would sell out immediately. My 42mm Space Gray set for delivery April 24th disagrees with me :D

thirteen1031

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2004
Wait I thought the Apple Watch wasn't supposed to sell very well?!?
Indeed. From what I read here it was ugly, undesirably square instead of round, and the price! Who would pay that? Not to mention that you have to connect to your phone, it isn't fully waterproof (no surfing with it) and the battery only lasts a day!

All these, I read here, were sure to keep anyone from buying it.

Yet another epic fail for Apple :rolleyes:

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
I also got a 4-6 weeks delivery date - confirmation email at 9:08 ...

But I'm hoping Apple is producing the hell of new Apple Watches since they know the demand now.
Was probably very hard to estimate the demand since there are so many different SKUs. And of course it's a brand new product which doesn't really help to estimate...

So I think we should be patient for a week and wait what is happening. Don't forget Tim is a master in planning operation/production.

Last edited:

nibster

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Old Street, London
Link bracelets weren't at June delivery on launch

I ordered the SS Space Grey Link Bracelet 42mm at 8:03am (UK) via the app and my email states delivery 12 May, 2015 - 26 May, 2015.

reevans

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2007
Canada
But, but, but . . .

But all the pundits said that the Apple Watch was no good and nobody wanted it and it would be a flop and . . . and . . . and . . .

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Beyond irritating. I kept refreshing the app every 10 seconds or so, and by the time I got in the model I wanted was already at 4-6 weeks.

That means that even though I ordered within 5 minutes of preorders starting, I have to wait an entire month after launch to try mine.

Honestly Apple, that's pretty bad.

Last edited:

footballcop18

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2014
Went through okay on Apple Store App

Apple store app was live at 2:01 am (central time,US), First I ordered the 42mm SS White Sport band because the blue leather loop was at 4-6 weeks. I then ordered the 42mm Blue leather band separate and got a 2-4 week ship time. After that order went through I ordered a 38mm Sport White and surprisingly still got a 4/24 arrival date. All in all I am very happy that with both watches I received a 4/24/arrival date and who knows with the band :confused:

When it says 2-4 weeks for the timeframe I assume 2 weeks could still mean launch day?!?!

Edit: Finished all orders by 2:09 am (website came up for me at 2:07)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.