Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple started accepting Apple Watch pre-orders at 12:01 AM Pacific today, and official retail packaging for the 18-karat gold Edition model is now beginning to appear on social media. Instagram user Iris Decreus shared the picture below of an Apple Watch Edition next to its suede box, which has a premium look compared to the regular packaging for the Apple Watch Sport and stainless steel Apple Watch.

Apple-Watch-Gold-Edition.jpg
Twitter user Fabien W. also shared multiple photos that provide a closer look at the Apple Watch Edition packaging earlier today. The outside of the box has an embossed Apple logo, while the inside appears to have a soft lining to keep the Edition free of scratches. The bottom of the box is embossed with the Apple Watch Edition logo, and official product documentation is included inside the box.

Watch-Gold-Packaging-Twitter.png
?This is the packaging of Apple Watch Edition #Apple #AppleWatch #AppleWatchEdition #Packaging #AppleStore #Copyright pic.twitter.com/cZOyzs8GRB - FabienW ? (@Apple_DevFW) April 10, 2015
Apple Watch pre-orders and try-on appointments began today ahead of the wrist-worn device's release on April 24 in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Japan and China. Apple Watch shipping times quickly slipped to 4-6 weeks or later after pre-orders became available, and the Apple Watch Edition and certain other models are not available to ship until at least June based on current estimates.

Article Link: Official Retail Box for Apple Watch Edition Revealed

spmartinbsu

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
The bottom of the box is embossed with the Apple Watch Edition logo, and official product documentation is included inside the box.

Debossed actually... sorry, designer here.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Really interested in what this'll look like. I'm going to be really disappointed if its like the 5C.

Since the steel and Edition watches both come in white boxes, maybe it'll be the same for the Sport except less fancy cases inside?

Might be the case that the box is the same, but there's a 5c-like case which contains the watch. I think that would look fine.

Chicane-UK

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2008
Sorry - but at the prices they're charging, this simply isn't special / premium enough. At all.

Compare this to the packaging, for example, for the Omega Speedmaster Professional. I believe this is a special edition, but still could cost considerably less than the Apple Watch Edition..

Omega-Speedmaster-Professional-Special-Presentation-Box-14.jpg

gyang333

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
That's standard packaging for the Speedmaster Moonwatch. Not special edition packaging.

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Sorry - but at the prices they're charging, this simply isn't special / premium enough. At all.

Compare this to the packaging, for example, for the Omega Speedmaster Professional. I believe this is a special edition, but still could cost considerably less than the Apple Watch Edition..

The packaging is fine. You don't need a suitcase

Billberryjuice

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
UK
Apple Watch pre-orders and try-on appointments began today ahead of the wrist-worn device's release on April 24 in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Germany, France, Hong Kong, Japan and China.

Guess we just imagined it here in the UK!

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Simple. Nothing special. Doesn't need to be, though.

I own $20K-$30K timepieces that came in comparable packaging.

Last edited:

razmarino

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
and still this watch looks too bulky to me, although I like big watches.. but this one is just too thick(

DanielSw

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
Clearwater, FL

The Watch is a "watch" only in name. Insisting on comparing it with legacy timepieces is just silly.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
I wonder who will be the first person on the planet to buy this idiotic expensive model.
Not like real watch which have some value, investing 10k for technology which will be obsolete a year from now is so idiotic that I can't believe apple really did that .

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
there is a lightning port behind the box that it's showing in this image too, which powers the MagSafe Charger

thankfully Apple did not come out with yet another connector for the watch. So for charging my laptops I need a usb-3c for phone and watch I need a lightning and for the laptop a MagSafe connector. For most accessories I also need a mini USB connector. Love the standardization and consolidation. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.